Trampa motors low kv

In vesc-tool you can set the cutoff by cells used. Select 12 cells and press the black apply button.

Sensor should be used. Select Hall sensors. Sensor detection is done after measuring the motor parameters.

There is a step by step guide on the vesc-project website. Click on Documentation.

45-50A is fine for the motor btw. Brakes at -30A (both, motor regen and battery regen)

Thanks. I just read that to get AMps of your battery, for the 6200mah, 40C 6s battery, you multiply 6.2A * 40C and you get your max amp output (248A). So can’t I set my battery current max to much higher than 40 to 50? I rode my board today for the first time. It studders at low speed (just upon take off). If I increase the motor current max to say, and the battery current max to 80, will that be safe? I am using FOC. I didn’t have the HALL (Sensor) option selected because I read your comment after my ride. Would that fix the sag/studder?

stuttering when starting is normal if you do not have a sensor, if you have them, enable them.

the sensors figure out where the magnets currently are. and if the ESC doesnt know where they are, it will just fire up the wrong magnets and create the stuttering in the process…

It wouldn’t make sense, the batt max. is never set higher than motor amps. Don’t go higher than 50A with this motor.

With sensored FOC this motor is supersmooth at startup but not with sensored/hybrid BLDC so stay with FOC and use the sensors, no more studdering :grin:

Personally I set 42V (3.5V per cell) as cutoff start and 40V (3.2V per cell) as end.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Just thought I’d reactive an old thread as I have a similar kind of question if thats okay. Me and some mates are getting Trampa pro drive emountain boards but unsure what the best motor option would be in the build. We’re new to this and would appreciate any input. I’m heavy set at 15 stone and cant decide between the 118kv with 15 tooth cog or the 154kv with the 13 cog.

It’ll be used for mixed terrain, plenty of flats and plenty of hills so a mixed bag. We will be using 2 x 6s 22000mAh HRBs.

Cant seem to decide which way would be best - if anyone has 2 cents worth they would like to throw in, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks chaps, just don’t want to make any expensive mistakes if there are mistakes to be made here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have Trampa 154kv twin, 14 teeth all rounder and 15 teeth…My weight 75 kilos (not really heavy). But I use 4 6s HRBs, so my set up is 12s (really torque beast)…My thoughts, the lower the kv the highest torque, so if you are planning on ridding the way described, I would think about the battery, since 12s with a high C rating on a twin set up, with 14 teeth on motor pulley, will be more suitable for your needs. Also If I were you, will write to Trampa, because they are going to be releasing a 6380 motor soon, just to check with them…Hope this helps…

What performance benefits will 6380 give?

Actually you can set the battery max same as motor max. You could also set it way higher, since motor max will define the max battery current in that case. It will never be exceeded even if you would drop in 100A for battery max.

Hi, I came upon 2 TRAMPA 118kV motors and I’d like to use them for an autonomous mini car that I am building. However, there are no data sheets available for the motors online and I am not sure if they would fit my requirement of providing 11Nm at 105 RPM. Can anyone help me with this please ?

What does that mean? Not a real spec in it. I’ve never seen 100% copper fill in my life and pretty much impossible. Amazing how empty advertising can be.

11Nm is too much. 4Nm is possible on the 118. With gearing you can up the Nm at the wheel.

Kv doesn’t determine max torque. A motor the same size can produce the same torque regardless of its kv.