Trampa mountain board build

Hey can you send me a complete parts list and cost? Is this a plug and play type of build and could you perhaps help me out, im looking to go about 20 miles at 22 mph and under 1500euros. Thats why your build speaks to me. If you can help me it would be awesome!

hey man! Yea Iā€™ll try and get you a parts list, Iā€™m in the US so prices are going to be a little different (I had to source parts from over seas and locally to try and get the best prices but Iā€™ll try to get a list of what I have and Iā€™ll send it to youšŸ‘šŸ»

Do you have a charging port aswel? Im very nooby to this and wanna build my first board. I only own prebuilt ones atm:P

The battery I bought came with a charger and charging port, but right now Iā€™m having a battery issue so I need to get a new one possibly

Itā€™s been a little while since Iā€™ve posted but Iā€™ve been waiting on belts that were taking a long time to get here so I had to order new ones and got them all around the same time anyway lol, and also I had a battery issue (battery was only at 25v and wouldnā€™t charge) so I have a new battery on the way. But the little bit of charge the battery would accept, I was able to wire up the electronics and actually rest the board out for about 10feet before the battery dies haha. Atleast I know everything works. Just need to set up all of the vesc settings and get everything going when the new battery comes in. In the meantime I was able to properly line up the belts where I want them to sit and Iā€™m really happy with it so far.

My brother was able to make me an enclosure for my board at work so I just need to get that from him and then I can start mounting it and getting all the internals inside of it.

But hereā€™s a couple more recent pics of everything.

Nob question but whatā€™s this connector called that joins the 2 vescs?

the connector is an xt-60.

just as a heads up, that battery from diyeboard is quite low quality, so adjust your expectations accordingly. Theyā€™re hit or miss as you already found out, and arent made with the most high quality cells, esp for a such sweet build like this!

makes me wish i went with a e-mtb build!

1 Like

yeah its double connection in to 1 though, is it series or parallel the esc connection?

its a parallel xt60

thanks, i wanna use xt90 so this would work the same right?

youā€™ll have to rewire both the battery and your vescs if they have xt-60, and change them out to xt-90.

honestly its pointless with the battery you have, at best that pack will provide 50ampsā€¦ and an xt-60 is good for (xt-)60amps

split in two, is only about 25a per vesc.

1 Like

this isnt my build, and my setup is all xt90 which why i wanted to use it. i just wasnt sure if u joined the escā€™s together with a series or parallel Adapter

1 Like

whoops, my bad.

yeah parallel is what you want.

2 Likes

@davewood1982 just make sure you get the right parallel connector, depending on your setup, either a male to dual female or female to dual male connectors.

And @Aleks yes I know, I mainly went with this battery to just get going for now since itā€™s my cheapest option, I want to only use a single enclosure on top of the board and this battery was the most compact size Iā€™ve found. Asking custom battery makers they quote me over 300$ and thatā€™s just not in the budget right this minute although the quality is there. Hopefully the battery Iā€™m getting is better than the first one because they supposedly upgraded to Samsung 22p cells from whatever cells they were using prior (hopefully the battery is actually upgraded and itā€™s not a lie). Iā€™m hoping to get around 12miles for the time being until Iā€™m able to save on on gas money for my work commute which is why I am building this board in the first place. Then I will eventually upgrade to a much better battery pack

1 Like

hopefully you get 12 miles, but from what ive come across, 12-15 before sag on street wheels, AT is a whole other beast.

Thats one thing china seems to lag behind, is high quality cells. I ended up buying an arduino spot welder and am on my 3rd build of a 10s3p samung 30q pack with it. It really isnt as hard as i thought it would be, and a 10s5p eith high quality cells would absolutely rip!

Lovin the build so far, makes me jealous.

1 Like

Yea I guess we will see what happens, oh well.

But thanks! I canā€™t wait to finally get this thing going, shouldnā€™t be too much longer!

Ok guys so I just got my new battery, and according to the spec sticker on the front it is an upgraded battery from the last one.

So now I just need help setting up my vescā€™s and Iā€™ll be ready to ride! So if anyone can walk me through it or find me a really good descriptive thread on how to properly set everything up Iā€™d greatly appreciate it! And also I am using the BLDC tool.

Making more progress with the build.

Drilled mounting holes into the enclosure for the truck bolts and started to fit the battery in place

1 Like

Download the newer Vesc-Tool. ItĀ“s much more advanced and easy to setup. Just follow these steps: https://www.vesc-project.com/node/178

1 Like

Got all the basics set up! Thanks for that link.

And today was the official test drive for this thing! Only went about a half mile total but it was fun testing it out! Got up to 20mph and Iā€™m sure it can do 25 but I could really use some extra stabilization at that point going 20mph and hitting some rough spots is quite sketchy haha. But man I love this thing, I just need to get some bindings and finish up the enclosure and itā€™ll be 100% done!

3 Likes