Trampa mountain board. Buy or build?

Bruh, what mad hills u climbing? My 12s4p carries me 40-45km on one charge. Ridning on innova Street tires. Even further on Gummies

Idk, I don’t have a mountainboard but I love the clips and of course the power. But how about google the stuff:

Leopard 8072 (https://www.altitudehobbies.com/products/leopard-8072-10t-175kv-brushless-airplane-motor) E-TOXX drive (https://www.e-toxx-shop.com/) AS5047 encoder VESC 6 --> Trampa Board and everything --> Trampa

1 Like

Parts of my commute.

Screenshot_20181031-065813_Maps

Screenshot_20181031-070119_Maps

I also have the bad habit of going full throttle most of the time

1 Like

@nowind is the guy who build it… plus the infos @anon42702729 already linked you

1 Like

I got another question. What would you choose? 136kv or 154kv. I will definitely use the largest motor pulley Trampa provides (15T) to get as many teeth engaged as possible. According to this gearing chart the 154kv would give me a top end of 52km/h which since I am not @Kug3lis think will be too much for a mountain board and I am afraid I would lose torque and overheat the motors more easily compared to the 136kv. I live in Greece and during the summer it can get really hot. On the other hand lower turn motors can usually output more power so I may get a more powerful board with the 154kv.

i didn´t overheat with dual sealed 190kV on 11S. for me i can say i´m happy that i have now dual 170kV and 12s and can push my board over the 50km/h when ever i want. i would take the 154kV as long as you don´t go crazy offroad. if it´s too less torque you still can change to 72th wheel pulley later.

2 Likes

If I were you I wouldn’t buy trampa motors at all… Especially as you live in hot climate… I have seen many posts of those motors overheating. Grab fully vented ones and don’t bother :slight_smile:

1 Like

good that you you :wink: and not etc. …

Thank you :slight_smile:

I’m on it. Thanks.

The motors are fully vented and have a built in fan to force air flow. There is a 6380 option available soon.

1 Like

Now you tell me :astonished: I just placed the order a couple of hours ago…

1 Like

Don’t know man search trampa overheating I found several topics already :slight_smile:

Same internal structure as the SK8 and similar to SK3. Made by the same manufacturer most likely.

Compare the complaints about these motors with any other sealed motor and you will realize it is one of the best options for 63xx we currently have, even though that may not be enough with the motor amps and voltage some of us are using.

If the motor becomes too hot there are a few settings that can be tweaked. If these motors survive the high temp abuse instead of disintegrating like so many others, they deserve a top 3 spot :stuck_out_tongue:

Not to mention, no shitty warranty service like 50 percent off on the next purchase or sending it back to China.

which motors you refering to? the trampa?

Yes 10chars

1 Like

I thought they not sealed :thinking:

It was referred to as semi sealed by a few. Anyway, those whole pulled them apart noticed similar internals compared to the turnigy offering. That includes the fan Frank speaks of.

1 Like

It came early :smiley::smiley::smiley:

20181109_200208

20181109_200225

20181109_200237

Now I have to make adapters for my rc heli lipo batteries ( I use EC5 connectors) to play with it until all the various items to make my 12S7P arrive.

5 Likes

How long from ordering to arrival?

1 Like