Trampa springs too stiff- solutions?

You can ad the holes in the Hanger for the inner Spring position. In general, you should use the softest Dampas if you wish to make your board more agile. You can also ride without dampas. That is what I do.

Frank

now i riding without dampas. but still feel abit stiff. maybe i used to riding caliber trucks. so i still need more pratice on trampa. Just get my MTB two day ago from my friend.

Adding a hole at hanger will not have any affect? but i have no tools for drill the hole on this kind of hard material.

If the man himself said it’s okay, hopefully it is. Time to go to work!

Just checked my hanger. There is no place to drill. Bad. There are a empty hole at the hanger.

You have the light weight ones, those are harder to do this with. Maybe you could try clamping it?

One truck almost done!

I realized belatedly that I should have taken some pics. I’ll get them for the next one​, maybe make a how-to out of this.

Good job man. But your deck can fit? Coz the spring screw need go throught the deck. Mtb deck only have one hole.

True, but since I have a flat deck I’ll be using these:

All I need to do is carve out a bit of the plastic and I should be fine.

2 Likes

Works, maybe I would not sink them in, as I did. A flat dome head bolt does the job.

Frank

I found the perfect combination for the Trampa trucks:

Front trucks inner spring position:

Rear trucks putter spring position:

Great carving and low speed steering, no speed wobbles

2 Likes

Nice! But how flexible is your deck? Mine isn’t really and it sounds like that’s​ factor that needs to be considered. What if you switched the front and back configuration? Edit: how much do you weigh? That probably also effects how easy your steering is (I’m 67kg with clothes on).

I weight 68kg (with clothes on)

The deck is this flexible, but it doesn’t affect steering, weight and spring configuration does.

2 Likes

Hi there, nice to drill inner holes on the ATB hanger but this is not possible on a Holypro mtb because of the big hole in the deck.

I was thinking the whole day about a solution and maybe i found it. Pleeeeaase @trampa wouldn’t it be possible to sell a different spring with less tension? Did you ever try that?

For Offroad the normal spring seems fine but for slower riding or with a street setup in urban areas less spring tension would be a dream.

I think you could make many people happy including me!

I crunched some​numbers on this a while ago​. A standard trampa spring can support about 57 kg fully compressed - and we’ve got four of them! That’s a lot, so I figured taking it down to about 30 kg per spring would do the trick. The problem is that everyone will​ experience it differently depending on their own weight. What would be a reasonable tension for carving that most people would be happy with? Did you perhaps mean a big hole in the truck rather than the deck? I don’t know holypro so well, so pics would be helpful.

very interesting! [quote=“High-roller, post:35, topic:24359”] The problem is that everyone will​ experience it differently depending on their own weight. [/quote]

True, i didn’t think about that!

Trampa offers 5 different dampas to stiffen the springs, would love to see 5 different spring tensions to make it loose :joy:

That would be awesome! Though I imagine that even just two options would be enough, one for off-road and one for street and​ carving. MBS seems to do well with two types of shock blocks, so if that’s good enough for them then surely trampa can match that? There’s more and more people wanting these “hybrids”, and if they can’t the get parts they need from the companies and don’t want to shell out for an Evolve, they’ll just make the stuff themselves. :wink:

both! On the left side Holypro mtb, on the right side urban carver with inner holes.

how can you say that the deck flex does not affect steering when you can clearly see that it does in your video? when the deck is flexed the angle of the baseplate changes which affects steering geometry.

1 Like

Yeah, the left one’s a problem. Even if you put metal strips over the holes and drilled through that it wouldn’t be as strong. in any case I wouldn’t recommend it. All I can suggest is a new deck (sorry, I know that’s not very helpful). This is the calculator I used for the springs, if you want to try something custom made: https://www.acxesspring.com/spring-calculator.html