Trampa Spur Gear Drive (with helical option), Trampa 6380s

True, gear transmission has been here in the forum already. Before Etoxx presented his gearbox Look at this thread from elkick. As he presents a finished gearbox Sep. 2016 Three days later, Etoxx posted its first gears without housing.

1 Like

Well I think many manufacturer has nothing against you making gear drives and etc things (more competition is better for community) but the way you are doing it is bad.

Whenever is making custom boards or other products you close them down from obtaining base parts required for them and then you start making the same stuff they are making so in this way its not really cool… Please don’t start talking about your stock or etc shit we all know whats happening. If that was the issue you could had provided a way to get those parts in bulk or etc (you not making them in china so its not hard to order a batch or etc of parts people need)

17 Likes

Hi Atilla! Itssa me, Linus.

Yes, I had helical gears ontop of my wishlist for a good while, when others started to produce stuff it made me happy :slight_smile:

Coming soon! Dual gearbox with flame trucks. Front and rear Trucks with 4 rims for 699.€ optional can you order the 6374 sensored motor for 200.€

IMG_3088

8 Likes

I got to agree with @Kug3lis on this, I’ve have nothing against @trampa as a company, only have a big debt of gratitude for allowing me to use their platform.

On a personal level is satisfying to see YOU @trampa (Frank ) out in the open as the hypocrite you are :slight_smile: ,not because of the new product since that is ok and is WELCOME in the community, but because of all the lengthy headache you gave the community in the las 2 years with the copyright issue and BS about similar design to your products, but here you are eating your own words :poop: :wink:

@trampa Let me be the first to welcome you to the DIY and builders community in true essence and as one of US where we all bring, share, bounce design and ideas from one another in order to advance this wonderful movement forward.

GLAD to see you inner PIRATE come out.

27 Likes

:rofl: this made my day but I think that PIRATE thing happen much earlier :wink:

blob

4 Likes

20181116_080035

17 Likes

I corrected that a few posts below and agree that the price is not bad at all.

Ahh, yes. I see the alloy mounting plate now. Bit difficult to see from the render if the motor is directly mounted to carbon or not. Taken a look at the individual parts that can be ordered to get a better understanding of how its put together. A few advantages can be seen there over current gear drives, such as the bearing support for the motor axis.

You’re gearing for lower top speeds (max ~35 km/h) at 154 KV. Keeps the temp down, yes. Personal preference is a gearing for 50 km/h at 149 KV.

The discussion is not really about who is first, but more related to a general attitude that has been observed. I will leave it at that as I am not personally involved in this and as others have stated, competition drives innovation, regardless of personal issues between vendors.

Still…I can’t help but draw parallels. The Jedi will find a way.

I still love Trampa. The Sith are cooler than certain Jedi anyway. Your support is awesome. Your boards rock. There is no denying that you produce great quality hardware.

8 Likes

This sounds like vendors discussion, but what about clients around the world? I spent days within this site to understand that Trampa was my best choice, best solution for my needs…For sure I was dreaming with Jenso gears, or a complete Kaly, and and many other things…But there was Trampa, always struggling since the very first years, remember when I first write an email to them so long ago (several years), they said that I have to wait for months…By then I was much younger…Today, I could not being prouder from a company that struggle the way they did, and being an owner of their products, they shipped everything incredibly fast, and help make my youth dream come true…Is it DIY? yes they are, since to adjust, remove, re program, re assamble, re everything, you need to do it your self and learn…So all of you, Jenso, Kaly, Fatboy teach me something, and I appreciate that…I do not think people will stop buying from any of you, just target the right clients…thats all…I am one dreamer among millions…so target you market… All of you are well know from far away countries… Trampa is becoming the most advance and complete company of the segment, and they well deserve to be in that place…Just a client point of view…

4 Likes

Damn dat beach… Cant wait mine in Okinawa… :open_mouth:

4 Likes

You earned it, too. Theo could not love a human baby more than he loves his FatBoy drives. :cool:

Looking forward to the test!

4 Likes

:+1: 10 Cha

4 Likes

A test would be most welcome. There aren’t many people who can afford all drives, let alone who would be trusted with an unbiased view, good social media presence and the capacity to appreciate the differences.

Machining/CNC quality. Design specific advantages (bearing locations, accuracy, maintenance). Ground clearance (big one for me). Accessoires (drive protection). Motor options and associated statistics. Motor temperature. DB. Wheel/truck options (6-8 inch). MBS/Trampa/other. Price (that includes deck options). Convenience (installation)/machining required? Shipping options and times.

5 Likes

Also be good if some of those questions would be asked manufacturers because not everything is in the shop and some things are made on request :slight_smile:

1 Like

My main concern with any of these gear drives it that POM is a plastic very hard but a plastic none the less. In my field of work I am constantly working on machines that steel or aluminum on plastic or plastic on plastic and have seen the plastic teeth wear down or strip all the time. These direct gear drives systems will eventually do that especially as the motor heats up that plastic over and over again it will get brittle over time.

2 Likes

That’s the reason why we don’t use POM anymore :wink:

1 Like

That is and will most likely remain a strength of the smaller manufacturer/company working with smaller batches and a closer more personal contact with the diy market segment.

2 Likes

Yes, we do a lot of custom request like @topcloud all raw aluminium. 9" wheel hubs, more accessories like additional wheel mounting plates and etc things :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will have to diagree. From personal experience, my 4wd etoxx gear drive with pom gears are holding up very well. I have put over a thousand miles on them and I have just completed my first grease change. The gears are remarkably clean with no signs of wear at all. I do not have close up images, but you can still see the machining marks upon close inspection. I used white lithium grease which was nearly perfectly white after clean up. I felt like I was throwing away perfectly good grease. There was a very slight grey tinge to it But barely noticeable. These were taken after most of the grease was removed. image image

3 Likes

But why not POM on POM or steel on steel I see metal on plastic gears that have worn down at least once a week. Now some of these machines are ran 24/7 and some have harsh lab environments they are in but people live in different environments. I live 3 blocks from the beach and you can see some of the paint on cars that has been effected by the ocean air.

1 Like