Trampa Street Carver .. NoWind Build History

Let me know when you go to the Kemnader See again. Happy to join.

Badass board jens. I think this is my next onešŸ˜‚

1 Like

M Screws in the deck are fine, but Loctite and our decks are not best friends. I would use Recoil or Baercoil inserts. Itā€™s not a lot more work and technically a lot better.

You can also try outer spring position in the rear and inner in the front. There are so many options to adjust the perfect balance between extreme steering and crazy speed.

Frank

Yes its an massive increase of range for mineā€¦ but some friends thinks they should be even more possible with this big batteryā€¦ they are riding evolve boards and have a similar range with half the battery sizeā€¦ IMO i maybe got the problem that the motor kv from 213 is good for about 50kmh topspeed but i run it on an average of maybe 20kmh, so its really ineficientā€¦ just a guess

Hey Nico, yeah i drop you an whatsappā€¦ cu u next time

Yes Buddy, i love it actuallyā€¦ you will too i guess!

Most position of the springs i already tested, this inner/inner is super carv and brings most fun actually on lower speedsā€¦ the inner/outer one i ride a lot with more speed and less carveā€¦ its very good to adjust IMO on every riding conditionsā€¦ for crazy speedjunks you could even add some dampas, but this will not happen by mine (-;

Small Update with big effect :

Added the second line of slots in the enclosure

Forget to slot the stickers (-;

AMP

ā€¦ my FLEX is BACK ā€¦

Again a nice ride yesterday on the Kemnader Lake , with 33km tracked kilometers on 18kmh average the soft cut offs drops in !??! I recharged 10700mAh, so i think the soft cutoffs comes really early isnt it? Because i got a 5P wich means with the VTC6 cells 15000mAh

5 Likes

The TWIN VESC SIX upgrade is on its way to you Jens.

Frank

1 Like

Liion can handle lower cutoff than lipo. Down 2.5v per cell. A safe bet is 3v cutoff start and 2.8v cutoff end with 18650s. Your cutoff may be too high

How do you keep moisture out of your enclosure?

Not for this build, but nice to know (-: Thx

This meens for 10S : 30V start and 28V end ?! Actually i got 34V and 31V ā€¦ seems to high compared to your values !

No moisture protection actually I heatshrinked the batterys and thats all I dont ride in the rain (i Hope)

You should need something like a silikon tube for protection, also you have to close the endpiecesā€¦ as Frank does in his buildtreadā€¦

1 Like

im riding single motor 10S4P with 33->30V soft off. i would NOT go below 3v/cell and above 4.1v per cell for lifetime reasons. shallow discharge/recharge cycles! max recorded range at 22kph average about 48km with very soft carving.

think the offset can be explained by dual vs single and your twitchy trigger finger. carving hard also has a noticeable impact on range!

remember: at cold temperatures/high load, you loose more and more energy on inner resistance of the cells. 10vs15Ah sounds like a massive difference though, gotta check vtc discharge curves and compare Wh from full charge->full discharge with a shallow 4.1->3.4V cycle! there is usuallyquite a bit of energy left in the 3.4-3.0 interval under little load, did you ride soft off to dead or soft off and stopping?

2 Likes

I ride 29/27 cutoff on 10s. Iā€™m cautious to never really dip below 34v, but if iā€™m miles from home and Iā€™m forced to do it, Iā€™d want my board to be able to carry me home.

I ride a little bit with soft off maybe 1-2km and then stoppedā€¦ so not to dead (-:

if i compare the values i really have the highest, me: 34 / 31 wp : 33 / 30 @Titoxd10001 : 30 / 28 @Jinra : 29 / 27

So i will go a little lower for sure, maybe 32 / 30 ā€¦

I try to avoid water as much as possible but there always puddles and water that gets kicked up by the wheels. I was thinking of something like a water resistant mesh to cover the gaps as to still allow air in. I wonder how evolve makes a flexible enclosure.

As for the cutoff voltage I actually have it at 2.9 and 2.7 like jinra but for 12s. The thought is youā€™re not going to reach that cutoff all the time but youā€™ll have it available when you really need it

1 Like

With 30V/28V for Li-Ion you are absolutely safe. And you still use most of the juice. And if you feel that the VESC starts to reduce the power when you pull the throttle hard then there is nothing wrong about it. Because the VESC takes care that you donā€™t stress the batterys. You can even run it to a dead stop and itā€™s still no issue for the batterys. Donā€™t forget that the specs of the batterys are tested at extreme conditions. Which means they charge it full and then discharge with maximum current till 2.5V. And do that over and over again. We donā€™t come even close to this. So if your 10S4P is capable of 80A max discharge there is no way on a longboard that you draw this contentiously.

Letā€™s have a look at one of my rides where i was going quite fast through the city.

You see on the right side that i use on avergae 8A of the Battery. And also i charged the battery on average with 0.5A. This is over the entire run. And it only counts when the board is moving. So you donā€™t cheat the values by making a long break. That means instead of 80A on average i draw 8A on average. So i honestly donā€™t even care about lifetime. Even if i would use 80A continious a 10S4P battery would be good for 9000 km (300 cycles * 30km).

On the left side you see the average values which get counted only when you draw or charge power. So when you only roll without touching the throttle it doesnā€™t get counted. Over the entire run i had 13.024 Wh/km. On average i use between 10 till 14 Wh. Depends on the track and how much action i want that day.

Here for example i took it easy. Still quick but much more gently with the throttle.

2 Likes

Hey

Thanks for your input. Never cared about Range and Lifetime by my Lipo eMTB builds, but actually with the street carver and some comercial boards riding with me i really get interrested in good range/lifetime/power mix :sunglasses:

Whats your charge end voltage ? 4.1 or going to full 4.2V Actually doing a charging sample, wanna see whats stored in the area of 4.1 to 4.2

4.1v is about 90-95% capacity. Every .1v drop from full charge doubles the cycle life of the cell. However, since 4.1v doesnā€™t hit balance voltage for most BMSā€™s youā€™ll still want to charge to full every so often to give the cells a chance to balance.

So you agree with @whitepony to not go over 4.1V for Lifetime Reasons ?!

I checked with my charger the increase in mAh from 4.1 to 4.15V : around 1500mAh 4.15 to 4.2V : around 500mAh

This is for my 10S5P with VTC6 cells

Changed some Values on the controllers for science of max range (-; Going with the 30 / 28 and 4.15 per cell charge To late for testing today maybe, will have an look ā€¦

@Titoxd10001
yeah would like to add some mesh too, as you said its so easy to get some water in the systemā€¦ little wet street is enoughā€¦ my concern is more the EscĀ“s then the battery but best would be the complete covering

2 Likes

Not necessarily. I still go to 4.2 for max range, but Iā€™ll likely have diminished cell life compared to @whitepony. Depends what you want to trade off.

1 Like

well yea, dont forget in this discussion that Im running without a BMS module, so I have other reasons besides lifetime to go with rather shallow cycles! my vanguard battery has probably about 5000km on the clock and still running like its the very first day. :slight_smile:

with 40+ cells I dont see a reason to max out on the cells, but thats just me. 30-40km is usually more than what I need!

1 Like

@whitepony ok i now see that BMS point also (-; 30-40km is fine, just trying to figure out why for example the evolve bamboo GT goes the same range with half the battery ā€¦

Thanks for all your input guys !

Never to late :innocent:

Ride till the dark 40km with over 20kmh average less carving but more hard aceleration and braking ā€¦ :sunglasses:

No cutoff at this point, battery level indicator says 6% leftā€¦ Charger counts 3.17V :

Cell resitance :

Riding the Board in the empty and nearly dark streets of my hometown was just a blastā€¦ getting in a rush and it was hard to tame the demon :imp: NICE

@Ackmaniac Really looking forward to your app to track my rides, would love to see my watt consumption ā€¦

4 Likes

Nice! I think you use FW 3.26, or? On HW 4.12 @Ackmaniac app doesnā€™t work, only in FW 2.18 or 2.54 it worked, thatā€™s my experience so far.

@rich Thanks for ya input. You are absolutely right, with FW 3.26 on HW4.XX it does not work for long, really strange it works super short but then never againā€¦ testet this on 3 controllersā€¦ with 2.54 it works like a charm

For me this App is like ā€œwelcome to the futureā€ :sunglasses: All the features are absolutely amazing and fantastic.

have had an meeting with @Ackmaniac on Friday and he helps me alot with setup electronics but altough with board setupā€¦ the maniac in his name dont come from nothing :wink: badass speedfreak he is :smiling_imp: thanks for your time Dude

Love the WATT control mode, in the end if ya compare it directly with the CURRENT mode ( and now you can compare directly ā€¦ only one click on the App )

you will recognize that you have the same power but on a longer trigger wayā€¦ this result in more control and nicer accelerations out of corners ā€¦ NICEEEE

This shit is DOPE ā€¦ weiter so :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes