Trampa Street Carver .. NoWind Build History

Hey-what are you thoughts/experiences on the Sunkko 709A? I’m starting to eye spot welders and this one piqued my interest, but feedback seems somewhat mixed.

I use the 6-pence-spotwelder. it’s an IC control based spot welder wich uses a 12V-Car battery as voltage source instead of “High-power-caps” and it works amazing. But it means a little welding skills needed.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81274&hilit=spot+welder

There is another spot welder on endless-sphere i think its called arduino-spot-welder wich is also very nice, but with simpler Display.

I once tried the sunkko 709 or one of its clones and it worked fine, but iread about alot of circumstances where that thing just blew up and stopped working. Another thing is that those MOSFet-Car-battery spot welder are community “kind-of open-sourced” and mostly built in Europe if you are from there. And not chinese Slave-production

greets

Notger

Yeah, those looked interesting… and I know the chemistry in/properties of lead acid batteries are quite different… but something about using a car battery like that made me uneasy.

Different reviews on this thats true. I connected it to a 25A circuit breaker and it works like a charm. 2 10S5P Batteries without issues. The soldering Iron which is includet dont work… dont need it so not that bad Welding is easy !

1 Like

Heck I would be even happy with a $200 price point really. For me this is just a very expensive hobby :slight_smile:

I was about to pull the trigger on (2) Vesc-6 every day this month – then I say to myself, next paycheck…lol.

Frank can’t you just send this to China and make it for like $50-75 each in large volume?

I know nothing about making stuff in China but I know those 6374 motors… you can for example buy in bulk for about $30-40 each if you buy about 100+ then just private label them, slap on some sensors (if ya want sensored), slap on your logo, then sell them for like $120 each – TB, APS, ESK8 seem to be vendors of such motors and other suppliers in this business seem to do it.

Honestly, even though I am just an enthusiast, there has to eventually be a player who will deal a large enough volume that you can build these boards in the $1000 ~ range. I would love to see it be somebody like a Trampa (who supports the builders and develops the community) rather than Amazon or HobbyKing.

Right now the prices are staggering for the components:

1. Board + trucks + wheels = Trampa ~ $400-$500
  2. 2x motors = ~ $180 - $270 (sensored or unsensored)
  3. Motor mount = $200-$600 (dual drive)
  4. Vesc-6 x 2 = $600
  5. Battery packs or 18650 and enclosures = $250-$500
  6. Miscellaneous items - remote receiver, wiring, tools, $100-$200

Somewhere I heard, that if you buy a Trampa board they will sell you (2) Vesc-6 for £187 ($240) but I guess you have to go with their motor mount and all to get that deal. It’s actually not a terrible deal – I priced one out came to about $1500 delivered (no batteries, you can buy Zippy’s). Lol, I probably spent so much more building my own.

– my $0.02

2 Likes

Added some shockpads :

Every Skateboard got it, so i give it a try. It will reduce the vibrations on your feet noticeable. Cutted from 3mm thick Rubber

19 Likes

:wink: perfect ! Looks really cool, I hope I could give a try to ride a beast like this one day !!!

1 Like

That’s a genius idea with the shockpads :heart_eyes: Which kind of rubber and how soft is it?

1 Like

Its regular rubber mat, bought it from Ebay…

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Floordirekt-SBR-Gummimatte-1mm-12mm-120-cm-Breit-Gummiplatte-Bautenschutz/271876742316?hash=item3f4d1ddcac:m:mbZfwomjXWBUevZ8KOsCpKg

i took the 3mm thick

Cheers

2 Likes

:blush: I do the same on my Darth Vapor eMTBoard … no urethane but it’s always 6mm taken from the ground for offroad !

I am new to skateboarding and got myself the Trampa Street Carver Desk 15ply but with ATB Spring Ultimate Trucks with Superstar Hubs and Evolve GT tiers.

The Ultimate Titanium trucks got a 10mm axle, while the Carver Trucks got an 8mm axle.

Is it possible to mount those lovley ABEC 11 - 107mm Flywheels on a 10mm axle?

Yes you just need 10mm bearings. Trampa sells them, as well as Surf Rodz

1 Like

Trampa ATB Infinity - 12mm axle ATB Vertigo - 12mm axle ATB Ultimate - 9.525mm axle

Mini Carver, Urban and Street - 9.525mm axle

Get proper bearings and spacers to make them fit. Trampa sells bearings that fit their stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks Guys for the heads up!

I was not aware that Mini Carver, Urban and Street also got 9.525mm axels.

For 9,5mm I belive it’s R6rs bearing.

1 Like

OMG jenz!

How do you come up with these out-of-the-box-ideas all the time! Truly genius!

I’ll mount those shockpads that on my Phoenix!

2 Likes

Sorry to bump an old thread . But can u or anyone please tell me What width size r those trucks with the E-Toss gear drive mounts ? Thx

12,5 inches

May I use the ultimate titanium ? Any mods or works required? Thank u so much

Ask him through his website, might be better

2 Likes