Trampa style deck

Questions… interested though.

1. What kind of wood are you using and what other material options do you have to use?
  2. Can you make it any wider? Say 10 inches?
  3. Would only really be interested if you can add some concave, you said this might be possible? How possible is it?
  4. What is the actual EFP?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I am using Baltic birch until I can find maple thin enough yes the width can go up to 11 inches and in order for me to add concave I will need to make another mold. This may task a week or so as I still have school. Sorry don’t know what efp means.

1 Like

ok cool, that all sounds really good. EFP is effective foot platform. Length from the bottom of the drops

2 Likes

Ok the efp is 27 1/4"

2 Likes

Here r the pictures 15493952116251902763256 1549395246894229039278 1549395294073251214590 15493953197181524657698

8 Likes

Im picturing a Trampa HS11 mixed with a Landyachtz Switch style deck… :exploding_head:

I might be talking to you at the end of the summer :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Yep… watching this thread CLOSELY!

2 Likes

Il see what I can do. Cool idea

5 Likes

All deck orders are on hold until I am sure my decks are correct. I would like to do more testing on them before I sell them. If somenthing breaks or goes wrong I want it to happen to me so I can fix it and not you guys.

5 Likes

How much flex do you expect the decks to have? Any idea what ply count of the trampa decks would be a good comparison?

1 Like

here’s a hint on what you can layer into that mold that won’t fracture:

built like a longbow; carbon, ash, epoxy glass, bamboo veneer.

good luck on your quest

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips man. I probally wont be selling deck for a while. I want to produce something safe and relyable.

7 Likes

Any progress?

4 Likes

Ok…Any progress as of yet?..lol I have no problem breaking my ask for a sample off road board… Me and MBS will test it out for strength, flex , concave…

2 Likes

I’ll put my name down for one thx

2 Likes

Sorry I have sort of forgot about this thread after I finished my build. The deck is holding up just fine and I don’t see it breaking anytime soon. I have not done any work on adding a concave shape and am probally gonna keep it flat. I am kinda running thin on time to make these as I’m working almost full time to save for college as I’m leaving home in September. I will try to make a few before I leave and ship them out.

1 Like

OK I know that its been a while since I last posted on this thread but it was for a reason. I wanted to thoroughly test the deck for durability. So about 1 year later everything is still good. I haven’t noticed any wear on the deck. it was tested with a 10s 10p 18650 30q battery dual 6374 motors with chain drive. I also drilled 1 inch holes in the middle of my deck but that didn’t seem to affect the durability. I will start making these decks around the end of April so if people are still interested let me know. The decks will come as wood with urethane on it in order to protect the wood. I am willing to paint them for an extra $30 That probably sounds expensive but they will be painted with hardened paint similar to whats on a car.

2 Likes

Yo, come post up your board on the real esk8 site, https://forum.

2 Likes

Oh is this one outdated

3 Likes

Yeah, dude running it is a jackass. Watch that link disappear in a few days.

4 Likes