Trampa truck steering dampening

Yuup same. Run mine off the BEC, think it pulls just over 1a @ 6v.

1 Like

You running it just from plain DC? No pwm?

With my crappy setup I measured 60Āŗ turn angle from side to side

Thatā€™s a big negative on the Pulse Width Modulation. 6v cc dc

If you control mosfet using PWM you practically have CC

Thatā€™s how bikes control it using info from speed sensor

Yuup. 6v cc happened to be the sweet spot and was convenient and simple. Cool thing is if ya wanna go crazy with telemetry, the option is there. Me Iā€™m happy with the dial a damper and the kiss approach.

1 Like

I mean I understand you, but you could just went with a manual would be easierā€¦ :smiley: I picked this so I could control it but oh well :wink:

Form and function. Picked it up from a cycle recycler for under 10bucks. The layout was an easy install and am able to turn it on/off. It gives my board a nice feel under 35mph but not necessary. Over 35 it lowers the oh shit factor considerably. I think you will like these.

3 Likes

How is the turning angle? Is it alright?

It has plenty of throw. Wonā€™t be an issue.

And Iā€™m riding my Trampa here every day up to 45ish km/h without dampaā€™s or anything. Just pure springs. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

KIS - keep it simple! Tom hit 57.6 Kph with yellow Dampas installed. All those extra parts just make your board heavy and complicated. Riding off-road is a lot of fun and usually you donā€™t set a speed record on loose terrain.

Have a look at the night time session video to see what performance you can get from a standard setup. Yellow dampas installedā€¦

https://www.instagram.com/trampaboards/

Frank

We just took apart that damper, to figure out if possible to make custom top plate, it looks like itā€™s doable so will try to work on it too as I am finishing my work on gearbox.

4 Likes

7d032b5f5b62c99f94802d8ecf257550--electric-skateboard-skate-longboardthPYL4S1XQth1KX2CW7VI forgot about these guys Gila Boards independent suspention

4 Likes

Perfect Video electronic adjustable damping some have a knob you can turn, to do it manually.