Trampa wireless dongle

Hi everyone,

I think I need to upgrade my HM-10 Bluetooth for something higher quality and more reliable. I’m sick of the app never connecting no matter what settings I put on it.

I thought about the Trampa dongle. It seems well priced and good quality.

Before I purchase - does anyone know if it will work with my enertion focbox? It’s the single drive unit and not the unity.

Thanks, Daniel

1 Like

Just get the metr one, it has a really nice app

1 Like

I completely forgot the metr one!

I’ll check it out. Cheers bro

1 Like

Not gonna lie the Metr app looks awful. What is it with these apps looking so bland?

Flipsky sell a verson of the trampa dongle for $9 USD

1 Like

That will fit and it is future proof and updatable FW wise via VESC-Tool. Connects you to VESC-Tool and will connect to the new NRF based remote controllers that are due to arrive. Setup, Profiles, Telemetry, Remote Connection.

2 Likes

Hi Trampa

Actually out the box it will not fit the Enertion foxbox, how do I know? I just tried to do it yesterday. The connector on the dongle is bigger, so you have to change it for a smaller one (from the HM-10), here is a picture

20190429_120051

1 Like

Gnd to Gnd, 3.3v to 3.3v, RX to TX, TX to RX. The cables can be removed using a needle, lifting up the plastic snap in.

1 Like

You clearly didnt read that did you @trampa? He said nothing about the orders. Hes saying that the jst connector you use on the dongle are not compatable with the focbox. Its has to be changed to a different jst.

1 Like

“has to be changed to a different JST”, why? The Trampa dongle are intended for Vesc 6 right, the Vesc 6 has a 7 pin comm port.

Guve us a sneak peak at these remotes? When are they due in?

1 Like

Usually you can plug in a shorter connector into a longer base and you can chop a longer connector to fit into a shorter bass. If you use it for remote connection, I would simply get tge correct plastic housing from RS components.

Available soon, preview when it’s in production and ready to be ordered.

3 Likes

So to clarify

Yes, the Trampa dongle will connect to the enertion focbox but will require the connection lead to be changed (easy).

Thanks!

3 Likes

Correct, you need to swap the JST connector. TX on dongle goes to RX on Focbox and vice versa