Trucks/motor-mount/clamp that works well with Psychotillers SixShooters?

I have upgraded my (functional) -setup (from @torqueboards) (wheels, trucks, motor-mount etc) with new pairs of SixShooters from @psychotiller . I had a test ride yesterday and experienced problems with belt skipping. I wouldn´t say it´s because of the belt being too loose… I think it have to do with misalignment between the pulleys. But the design of my current trucks makes it hard to adjust.

So all you people that owns a pair of SixShooters, what are your sucess story when it comes to the mechanical setup (trucks, motor-mount, clamp)

?

1 Like

Put the clamping ring on the other side of the mount to align the belt

Unfortunately, there is no room there! The connection between the hangar and vertical part of the truck has a radius that makes it impossible without removing material.ClampRing

1 Like

add a few speedrings to the wheel.

1 Like

Speedrings will only push the wheel further out. Those trucks need to be changed or modified

3 Likes

i meant add a few speedrings, then flip the clamp. should’ve been more clear

3 Likes

You’ve got the motor mount out together all wrong. You will need to disassembled, move the clamp to the inside about 6mm +/-, install the motor arm in the outside then true it all up.

@banjaxxed has it right. All you’ve got right now is a recipe for no possible alignment and creating bad bearings in the motor.

1 Like

It looks to me like that motor mount is bent.

1 Like

I’ve tried having the mount on the other side of the clamp (and the clamp closer to the center of the truck). But then I experienced that the motor pulley was actually touching the rubber of the tire… not so good. Thats why I tried this layout.

But I will disassembly and put it togheter as you suggest. Maybe adding some spacers would help.

Of the motor.pullet is touching the tire, then either move the the entire.motor mount to the inside if the truck some.more or trim the motor shaft.

Just take a file and remove some material from The hanger. Almost all my calibers have the same modification

1 Like

@ARetardedPillow ok good to hear! I’m buying a file today and give it a try.

If you made the move to my surfrodz trucks/tkp mounts you would never look back. (at the dumpster you threw your current trucks and mount in) No flex,No slop, No BS

5 Likes

No doubt…I can’t say enough good about the surf rodz tkp’s. Phenomenal trucks.

1 Like

Hey now the Torqueboards trucks are :+1:.

3 Likes

They are, I have 3 sets. But the SR TKP’s are great.

1 Like

That stuff is for people who still have their kidney

2 Likes

Give me your damn kidneys!!!

2 Likes

you already have mine :frowning:

Still hungry

2 Likes