Trucks/motor-mount/clamp that works well with Psychotillers SixShooters?

goes to google

do humans need a heart to survive?

damn.

2 Likes

I guess if misalignment and loose fit is no issue then YEAH! Sweet!!

2 Likes

I thought that was due to the mount…no? The trucks are causing misalignment?

1 Like

@SvantePanter Are those 180mm or 218mm Trucks? They look like 180mm. You’ll probably have better luck with Surfrod TKP (you’ll need psychotiller’s mounts) or our 218mm Trucks.

1 Like

Okay so now I have filed down some aluminium at the truck a bit, rearranged the clamp and mount as suggested. I’m pretty sure the belt is nicely aligned now. Also, the tension on the belt feels good, as far as my limited knowledge goes. Although, still the same problem with belt skipping as before! Maybe a wider (15 mm) belt and motor pulley would help? Or maybe an idler pulley? But reading through the forum tells me an idler pulley is maybe not the best. https://youtu.be/yoCT1bIQMgk

@psychotiller have you had problems with belt skipping in your past builds? What´s your recipe for an ideal SixShooter drive train? I’m guessing Surf Rodz. :slight_smile: Although I feel that this is a pulley/belt issue, not so much a truck issue.

i’d guess the belt and motor pulley are a different pitch than the wheel pulley.

Hm okay… the belt is 345-5m-12 belt for 16/60 gearing, and the motor pulley is 13T HTD5 12mm Motor Pulley. Would it make any difference if I would go for a 16T motor pulley instead…?

You can’t blame it on any one thing…If you have cloned trucks that are inconsistent in size (they always are) you cant have a mount that fits right. and that said Torques mount doesn’t fit well anyway. It has been known since caliber stopped making caliber 1 trucks (over 2 years ago) that the fit between that truck and any mount from anyone has been a shit fit. That’s why a few of us stopped using caliber and caliber clone trucks.

Start thinking about your set up as a system. If you have weak links, you’ll have a weak system.

and to further answer your question. No. I haven’t had belt skipping issues at all since I stopped making mounts for caliber trucks. All of my mounts and compatible trucks set up inherently straight and square. We have mounts for Seismic, Randal, Buck, Surfrodz RKP and TKP trucks, Paris, Liquid Fyre Precision and Attack trucks. The choices are there. Caliber 2 trucks suck. Clones of those are even worse.

1 Like

hope you’re prepared to add some 16” cnc trucks to that list :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So my only options now if I want to ride the board without belt skipping is replacing the weak parts (trucks, clamp, and motor mount) with either Seismic, Randal, Buck, Surfrodz RKP and TKP trucks, Paris, Liquid Fyre Precision or Attack trucks?

Maybe in the future, but as for now, I will go back to the previous setup and put the SixShooters on the shelf for a while. Even if you claim the quality is not sufficient I can still ride the previous setup without belt skipping. collections/single-motor-mechanical-kit/products/single-motor-mechanical-kit

I just have the old standard Enertion style clamp and carbon mounts, 2 sets, one on genuine calibers and one TB wide trucks and haven’t had any issues with them, maybe I’m lucky

Do you have the SixShooters? How many teeth on the motor pulley?