Turney yet stable setup without tall bushings

That’s too much spread. No wonder it felt weird and didn’t work. I have on my precision trucks now 87 top and 90 bottom. After I test that I will switch them and test again.

This is why you run like a wedge or eliminator boardside. More than, same duro ;).

Try it out both ways. You might like it! I think I am actually using a slightly softer bottom bushing on my e-skate up front. No reason other than it felt better to me on this setup

There’s no “right” answer, but I would keep the top and bottom bushings within one step of each other

2 Likes

went for a ride today with 90a on board side and 87a on street side. max speed only 13mph cruising the boardwalk. The bushing combination did seem to improve stability without hampering carve ability.

what are those guards you have on the front and back of your board? id really like to not destroy the edge of my decks.

Bombsquad nose guards… You’ll probably have to fabricate them yourself… Bombsquad doesn’t exist anymore I don’t think.

I’m using three, nose and tail, and one flipped as a in/out toe stop

These were the available types. Not sure of your luck finding them in today’s world.

1 Like

A guy once told me that most wobble and instability comes from the back. My setup was also a little instable and dull in turns so i did the following:

Swapped paris front truck for caliber (rakeless and more restrictive bushing seat)

Wedged front for lively turns, dewedged rear for stability. The wedging made the most difference so i absolutely recommend this.

90A riptide chubby in rear boardside, stock paris barrel roadside, Which is 85a or such…? Kept my caliber II stock bushings. I went with a chubby to give the center position more stability and less slop.

1 Like