Turnigy 50A VESC

I can see (and always have) seen this aspect, and I do agree with that statement. My personal belief though is theirs 2 problems. Fake components being used (enertions problem, according to Jason, with the v4.xx) and the original BOM being used. I think the improvements chaka made have been well tested by now and prove that the mods he’s made drastically improved reliability. Vedder refused to implement them, assuming they are using the original BOM, they will have the same problems many other manufacturers have had in the past.

The TM in this case will help to separate, which is great, but I still think there were more drawbacks for the masses than benefits from the TM by trampa of the VESC.

I think the most important part is if these parts do fall apart quickly and are not stable then more importantly what does it do to our community in the way regulations and that scares me more than anything.

Commercial manufacturers will have much more of an impact on laws and regulations than the one-off DIY incidents that can potentially happen.

I agree. I don’t think the DIY community will ever have the impact that board manufacturers have on regulations.

I guess we just have to wait and see what happens with these kits.

oh good lord.

now i’m going to have to explain to people why i don’t use this crap.

2 Likes

I been running foc on 4.10 for the last year. No issues yet. Vesc built in denmark I believe.

The mount is made for their trucks…but if you are a new builder, then I would give it a try and buy them together :slight_smile:

I rekon they could be adapted to fit calibers, they look pretty similar.

I think it fit caliber too. I saw the clamp have teeth.

Denmark ? I’m from Denmark. Where did you bought it ?

I dunno it looks like a $9 mount to me but let us know how it holds up. Really the mount was the most fragile/chintzy looking part of the kit to me but if 1 $9 mount lasts more than half the time an $18 mount I guess it’s sort of worth it (if your time is worth 0 and you don’t permanently attach the mount to the truck)

Turningy “the big player” is no threat for DIY sellers…why ? Because they don’t give a shit about making quality products. I can bet I can kill this VESC within two minutes on my bench. Cheap components …cheap parts …no love put into the product …just low attractive price for entry level guys who will fall under @onloop 's theory of “FALSE ECONOMY” …they will buy this VESC .they will run it for a few weeks until it dies …then they will go and buy vesc from Chaka or Axle or Focbox vesc.

Not sure why Turnigy would risk using fake components? I have two Turnigy RC helicopter ESCs which have been flawless since 2008.

It’s totally weird that they are using VESC HW 4.10 instead of 4.12. That’s more concerning to me.

I’ve been running two Turnigy ESCs in my RC helicopters since 2008 which have been flawless.

I’m against Turnigy producing and selling VESCs as I’d rather support small, e-skate focused companies, but saying Turnigy VESCs are poor quality isn’t honest or true until we have data to backup these claims up.

It’s not difficult to kill any VESC as they’re a beta product.

2 Likes

Don’t compare regular ESC’s to sensitive components on the VESC. There have been many people here always excited about those cheap chinease vescs only a few moments later to find out that those vescs are total crap.

I agree with your points. HK is a hit and miss, most of their products are addressing some markets needs at low costs. In certain cases you would prefer to buy from different vendors out there; if it because of proven reliability, supporting smaller players, or whatever reason.

HK quality is fine. And even though their customer care is a pain in the behind, it is still very possible to return products, claim warranty and ask refunds where applicable. As opposed to little players, it is much less painful for them to fix your issue, sometimes at a loss, that’s mainly because they sell in masses. They usually do not cut corners but still would provide you the minimum package for the cheap price they charge. For example in the eSkate conversion kit, they offer velcro straps instead of a proper battery box (WTH?!). All of that to lower their costs. Still, I am sure they use okay components.

1 Like

Faradaymotion.com They moved to germany a while back. But the vesc should still be produced in denmark I belive

evoheyax not having a go just fyi we (the drone racing community) are all on at least 4 cell these days, if not 5 or 6 now and we can wipe out a 1500mah in a minute,plus reach over a 100mph in a couple of seconds… I can definitely see the comparisons between these and drones, its what has brought me to giving this a crack, i did laugh when i saw an f4 on the esc’s though, we only use them for flight control at the mo, it’s nuts having that on an esc :slight_smile: I’ve been struggling to find 2 vesc’s for my rig and have some ties with the hobbyking crew so i’ve been considering trying these. what would you or anyone else recommend as an alternative, that’s not too expensive

Just throwing (another) 2 cents here: recently had a big order with hobbyking and there were faulty items. To their credit, they resolved my issue in less than an hour (!!!) and sent me replacement items, no additional costs and no further questions asked. So I can attest to their honesty and efficiency.

That is the advantage of dealing with large suppliers. as I said earlier, they deal with masses and small replacements like this are not worth their time or damaging their reputation.

Well your on that next level drone racing, hahaha. My point was mostly weight, cause those drones don’t weigh very much compared to a human. I can strap on some weights, and notice a fair size difference in amp draw.