Turnigy AeroDrive SK3 245Kv in Europe

Hi!

As the title states, I am looking for an SK3 245Kv in Europe. I checked HobbyKing, but they didn’t have it in stock. Any other European shops that are selling the SK3 245Kv? If not, anyone selling their SK3 245Kv? If so, what condition, how old etc.

Regards, Leonardvdj

Well, If that can help you, I know that they usually restock once every 2 weeks and last restock was last friday. Also you can find SK3 192kv on ebay. Quite off subject but wanted to let you know, hope you find what you desire.

@crameur Thank you for the reply! Which ebay is it, .co.uk, .com, or .de? And I’d prefer not having to wait half a month… I’d really like to get this project finished before my summer vacation ends :slight_smile: EDIT: But I found the 149kv version in stock on hobbyking, so i might just go with that.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_43995__Turnigy_G160_Brushless_Outrunner_245kv_160_Glow_UK_Warehouse.html

I’d prefer the SK3 though, seeing as I haven’t seen any builds using the G160.

1 Like

Well looks like there aren’t no motors left on eBay, sorry. I know some French builder who used these motors : http://www.hellray.de/shop/#!/eSkateboard-Transmission/c/15255001/offset=0&sort=normal

@LucidLunacy Seeing as I’m 110kg, would the G160 245Kv be better than the SK149Kv?

It depends on your pulley ratio. The less kv the more torque so considering your weight a lower kv rating would be best but you can still take the 245 and go with a 12/13/14 motor pulley

@crameur Alright, I’ll go with the 149Kv then.

Also if you went for the 149kv you would use a 10s or 12s setup in order to reach the motor perfect RPM

@crameur Can’t I just use 6S for the time being? What do you mean with “motor perfect RPM”?

optimal (most efficient) outrunner rpm range is around 8500 rpm. 149 kv @ 6s only yields 3308 rpm.

(kv)(voltage) = rpm

@LucidLunacy so my best bet would be the G160? EDIT: Just FYI, I don’t mind it not being the most efficient. I’m gonna have a 2:1 gear reduction, so I think the 149kv motor would be better for that, seeing as with the 245kv motor I’d probably be better off with a 2.5-3:1 gear reduction.

lower kv = more amp draw. More amps = more heat. Heat kills electronics.

@LucidLunacy Yeah I understand that, but with a gear ratio of 2:1, which one would be better? My initial choice was the 245kv sk3, but i can’t find that anywhere.

my pocket book doesn’t like unnecessarily replacing parts, and i don’t like being limited to a top speed of 10 mph, assuming your going with the common 83mm urethanes

@LucidLunacy huh? I indeed would prefer to not need to buy other gears, but if its the only solution, I guess new gears would have to happen. I use 70mm wheels, and according to the calculator linked below, i should be able to go 21km/h(13mph).

Even though I am 110KG, would a 2:1 gear reduction be fine for the 245kv g160?