Twist throttle 'bike style' Potentiometer

Any one know how to get a hard wired pretentiometer for an e-skate? Or a push throttle. I want to hard wire my mountain board since I’m putting some disc brakes on it. I’m not sure what I’ll need for this project.

Links help a lot! :slight_smile: is there a thumb throttle that just plugs into the esc possibly? Who knows

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232031220144 Maybe like this? And just direct solder it to the esc? I’m using the TB esc and that needs a ubec so I think that would play a role too…

Fing disk brakes??

You could try hacking up an rc servo tester - they are just like little receivers with a potentiometer for moving your servo or throttle range to calibrate an rc car.

Maybe you could use that for the pcb board, and just buy a twist throttle potentiometer that can be wired instead of the stock little servo tester knob.

By the way, I used the same throttle you linked to fix up a craigslist ground force drifter (razor go kart thing) for one of my little bros. It’s worked really well for the last year or so, even repeatedly getting caught in the rain and stuff…

Yes disk brakes I’ve had too many close calls on my board I need some mechanical brakes to come to a full stop as I can jump off.

And I want the thumb thrilled to install onto the hand brake so it’s all on one hand.

I don’t have experience with servo testers but that could be an option.

You don’t think direct soldering that throttle to the esc wire would work right? And wire a ubec in line

You should buy a Wiiceiver from Torqueboards and then just plug in a wired nunchuck. Works perfectly and you’d have cruise control.

2 Likes

Just wire it up to to the adc input of the vesc. Make sure your pot is on the 3.3v.

So in your case “positive electrode” to 3.3V, “signal” to adc 1 and gnd to gnd.

Setup the vesc in the analog tab

2 Likes

Those bike throttles usually use a hall sensor so it probably wont work directly, and they only have a forward direction not back twist for regen, guess its ok if you only use the disks…

I would take a pot from a quantum/gt2b or something and wire it to the vesc like blasto suggested, but not experience with this setup, Should be no lag!

http://www.electricscooterparts.com/throttles.html

Maybe this helps.

motorcycle / scooter type electronic throttles

Okay so i need the servo tester and the item you linked and I should be good?

Ohhhhh I get it. Thanks guys and @LEVer

I just need to wire the esc to the servo tester and then swap out the knob on the tester with the throttle wires. and ubec goes to the tester too.c

yep, that’s what I was thinking-

Well I’m gonna buy the disc brakes from trampa and swap out the cable and handle. (Hopefully)

You think it’ll work?

It would work propably, but beware trampa uses hydraulic brakes, so it is a bit more difficult.

1 Like

Hmmm that’s a challenge… I suppose I could remove brakes on the esc and that may solve the issue. Either turn brakes down to 10% or try to deactivate them all together.

It’s so funny how making a hard wire connection is actually harder than wireless