U.S. battery builder (solved)

Spotwelding isn’t all

• apply insulators or kapton takes time
  • gluing and not having a absolute mess takes time
  • spot welding
  • soldering series connections, if you are making a flex pack
  • solder in balance connections and routing them
  • fish paper, kapton, and masking for insulation and abrasive resistance.
  • solder or crimp the balance wires to the JST plug/port on the bms
  • heat shrink the packs
  • solder main terminals, and BMS connections

If it’s being sold with a charger and BMS

• charge the pack
  • adjust the end voltage /amperage of the charger, and ensure bms is functional and balances
  • discharge the pack to storage voltage for shipping

Now let’s talk about how many real hours it takes to build a battery. Not just the spot welding. You think you can do all that in 2? Even 4??? Okkkkkk sureeee

:politely nods head in a bobbling manner of disbelief: com-gif-maker

6 Likes

:arrow_double_up: this right here.

1 Like

like what putting 30 or 50 fishpaper-rings on batterys?

i dont know with what you are glueing, i do this in a few minutes with my gun.

everything is already set up, its more like a plug n play style thing

if you know how to route correctly, this will not consume time, what are you doing, drawing a map for cables? soldering like what? 10 cables? how does this take long.

sticking tape on things? well, i forgot this take ages…

a “quality” pack should use ready cables, since crimping JST is a pain in the ass

putting the full pack in a memory polymer and then add heat with a hot air gun? yes indeed this needs hoursssss

if youre using tungsten tin and need to heat up the thing to 3000-fuckme degree, it will take some time, yes

totally forgot to count the time i have to stare at the pack while it is charging and accurately measure the temperature every 10 seconds for my excel sheet.

4 Likes

dude, you would argue with a fuggin rock…

2 Likes

i do not want to argue - i want to clarify some things here and why a so called “quality pack” like you stated needs 10 hours to build, like wtf man?

Go build a friggin pack and stop talking about it then. Simple.

Since your the fucking battery pack hero, and everything magically assembles itself, take a video for all to watch your master skills, and let everyone else be the judge.

Even more so yea I said 10-14 hours for FLEX packs. If you plan to isolate everything properly. And I’m not a believer in stiff packs that go the length of the board. I build inside of the smallest thickness enclosure I can, every board has flex. If your battery is sandwhiched on the deck and you build a stiff pack, your eventually gonna have ripped welds.

So sure take your 4hour stiff pack build. Everything I mentioned was to notate that it took time and added up. Not to say it takes forever.

But yes if your building a flex pack it takes fucking forever. Your basically building individual groups, all taped and wrapped individually and connected.

2 Likes

never said that, I said 4. you can’t argue logically so you gotta make shit up. you and frank, jeez…

:joy: Too funny

2 Likes