Ultimate VESC Controller

my hands are pretty small, actually, maybe too small =/

And the controller still fell good, I need to improve the design a little bit and increase the chanfers to get closer to @FLATLINEcustoms design.

so many people would buy this a remote like thisā€¦

if there is one thing the DIY community lacks, itā€™s a solid remote that is reliable yet still remains compact with cool features. This guy is the ticket!

1 Like

Awesome job!

I happen to have all the components lying around it my lab. Actually, I have a sparkfun lcd instead. If you could share the hacky schematics and the arduino code, I might be able to replicate it in a week or so.

:+1:t2: .

Due to the very good feedback Iā€™m already working on the final version, Iā€™ll test few different radios on the first PCB, including the nrf24l01, some lora radios and maybe bluetoothā€¦

I spend the last two nights learning how to design a more organic form using the sculpturing part of fusion 360, Iā€™m pretty pleased with the new designā€¦

The curves are much more smooth and it should have much better grip on the handā€¦

9 Likes

Great job! If you need any help, please let me know I am familiar with fusion 360 as well.

Any chance youā€™d consider a slide potentiometer version?

Otherwise this remote is perfect!

The Ego and Marbel remotes are so nice to use with the slide.

This is awesome! I would love to help out and make one myself. I have access to 3D printing

Iā€™m working on the final design and the PCBā€¦ I ordered a bunch of different components and different radio modulesā€¦

My goal is to design a controller that is reliable, I started the pcb design and will be testing few radio units this weekend.

I also have a friend that is mechanical engineer and very good with cad and industrial design, today we will have a session and try to finalize the design.

Once I finish the pcb, Iā€™ll order from OSHPark and test it out, if it proves to work as the prototype, Iā€™ll share the code, design and pcb.

@Eboostin this is already a potentiometer version :stuck_out_tongue: as the thrigger is connected to a potentiometer but I see what you mean, you want a slide potentiometerā€¦ Iā€™ll only consider that after finishing this version.

3 Likes

check out pcbway for protos, I find them faster and cheaper. havenā€™t seen an issue in pcb quality

http://www.pcbway.com/

faster shiping from china to USA than oshpark?

well to be fair iā€™m in canada, osh park uses usps-canada post for the free shipping option, usually takes 2-3 weeks once shipped.

pcbway uses dhl, usually takes 4 days to get here

anyways you can get accurate quote from both companies

Iā€™ll check it outā€¦ Iā€™m lucky using oshpark and most of my orders were upgraded to ā€œSuper Swift Serviceā€ for freeā€¦

But Iā€™ll compare both services :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip!

That is remarkably generous of you! Thank you @vitormhenrique!! Are you going to share the BOM with the design information? This is a very exciting build!

Thatā€™s a really nice work, respect to you for designing with fusion360, thatā€™s the worst soft for CAD, not convenient to use to design mechanical parts.

Iā€™m proficient in both Pro/E (Creo) and SoildWorks, Let me know if you want any help with the CAD

I have a teensy 3.0 that Iā€™ve already connected to an RF module and a nunchuck (using nunchuck connections, not direct). It still fits into the nunchuck even though I havenā€™t made custom pcb. Just need to get to making the software portionā€¦

Keep up the good work. Maybe you could do something with Enertion. Your remote with a Raptor would be great.

Hi, very nice work you did there!

Iā€™ve also made a remote similar to yours.

Iā€™ve created my own PCB that includes a charger for 18650 lithium battery, arduino nano, adafruit screen and bluetooth HC-05. I donā€™t use any GT2B or anything else.

The receiver is another arduino with bluetooth module.

PM me, maybe we could do something even nicer!

Sorry for all the wires, will be better in version 2.0 :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Where is the arduino code you used for this. I want to make my own controller similar to this.