"Uncharted Territory" | $20 Hyline Mtn. board + Earthboard 250mm Trucks + 8"/200mm Wheels | 8s/12s | Dual 12s TB Esc's | Korryh Motor Mounts | Kaly MTB Pulleys | Dual 245kv 6364 | Mad Munkey

Is it okay to have 2 different motors?

twenty dollars

Finally all finished. If this hobby wasn’t already enough like a crack addiction, it actually made me stay up all night on Saturday arranging electronics, and finishing up my build. Final weight with 560Wh of Lipos is 32.5 lbs/14.75 kg. I’ve only gotten to ride a couple miles on it, but so far, on 6s, I hit a max speed of 23mph. Under low speed, high load conditions going off road on really rough, rutted terrain, I observed a peak amp draw of around 100 amps on my watt meter. Competitively, my street riding registered a max of only around 50 amps. And even with trucks set fairly tight, this thing turns so tightly that it felt kind of squirrelly at speed, so I had to crank down the trucks to almost max tightness. I’ll keep playing with it, and report consumption info once I burn through some batteries. And the red carry/drag handle I made is a must for this thing. I haven’t seen anyone add one of those yet, but it makes moving and redirecting the board so much easier.

3 Likes

This is what you don’t want, The high Amps can burn your esc. better get those batteries in series to push it to 12S it’s much better overall. your ESC will run cool and get some fans to help with the peak durrent.

Dude I haven’t seen one of those Hyline boards since like 2006. That thing is ancient!

I’ve thought about implementing the handle for mine… though it has not happened so far… yet :smiley:

Personally, I would put it on the side / middle, as Ive got no problems positioniong the board (I usually do that with one foot) but carying is kind of awkards… Good thing there are feet straps, otherwise there would be no comfy spot to grab the board to carry it.

I think 100amps is quite ok, considering there are 2 motors… I’ve got 60amps peak with mine (single drive)… but I think it was for a very short time as the usual max load seems to be at 30A max…

Sure, why not? They are both 245kv, and the unloaded wheel rpms are within 100rpm of eachother.

Yup. And now that $20 board has cost me like another $700. Lol. Still about as cheap as I could build it though.

Agreed. Even though the amps are spread across two esc’s, I don’t plan to be pulling 100amps very often. This was just a worst case amp draw experiment when 4wd crawling over super rough terrain at about 3-5mph, just to see what this could do, and what peak numbers it could provide, for reference.

Yeah, I had never even heard of them, or Earthboard either. Not much information out there.

I will be adding a side handle too, but the rear handle is nice for picking up the board or dragging it behind me on its front wheels like luggage.

And agreed on the amp draw. I think 25-35 amps per esc Wil be my typical peak amp draw with regular riding. I wonder if that total 100 amp draw situation is what has killed people’s VESCs on MTBs in the past.

hah, this is not a bad idea at all!

So far I’ve only lacked proper motor mounts to be able to make my board stand firmly against a wall (motor mounts pushed against the ground…

Could also work with wheels holding the board but then you need some sort of block, so the wheels dont move and the overall stance wont be as sharp as when making the board stand on the mounts