UNiK / OKP SWITCHBLADE ESK8 RISERS - V2

Good day,

I have updated the design of my ESK8 riser which objective is to act as an interface and ease our builds.

The initial batch produced two years ago was milled out of solid blocks of ABS UV. People requested it, so I took the opportunity to update the design and include a sensor routing hole directly in the riser.

I’m now going to have them produced ABS UV injection molds in ABS UV. If any interest for any bulk order, let me know.

The set will include both front riser and rear riser. 7mm thick ABS UV. I will be able to produce some colors for the fancy builders out there.

Cheers

/okp

23 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

ça serai pas mal de pouvoir l’imprimer en 3d quand même…

Designs have been public before, I am using them printed

Yeah I saw that right now !

My design/idea is the original one, so with all the due respect and unless people using this design without giving credits… I don’t get the point you are making.

4 Likes

As tu le sujet ?

Nice you updated it with space for the sensor wire now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why don’t you inject rubber instead of plastic? It would have the same function and would dampen a little bit the vibrations!

4 Likes

yeah that’s definitely a a great idea.

4 Likes

You got me wrong because I didn’t respond correctly to balta @okp . I am crediting you for the design and thanking you for making it public before, hoping that might happen again.

It’s not a dig, quite the opposite. These are great.

3 Likes

eheh thanks mate. Have a blast on your boards.

1 Like

The idea for having a 4th hole for the sensor wires is a good one yes :wink:

Screenshot_20180507-193922

:joy::+1:

1 Like

yeah but that’s mostly just an evolution of an original design to allow routing the sensor cable :wink:

1 Like

Of course. I didn’t know who’d come up with the basic design when I saw it on a picture of someone else’s board. I tweaked it along with the cable conduit extension to suit my needs.

You know I’ve already credited you for the original design concept :wink::+1:

Everything else is indeed an evolution from that.

I like it. Makes the board nice and tidy :grin:

2 Likes

Could you maybe change the design to have holders for the wires aswell? Like so each wire has some plastic in between them at the end to make it look nicer? i added that on mine else my wire would just be everywhere

Like this?

20180516_08115920180517_13041920180613_100622

Wires hidden into enclosure.

2 Likes

of course. I’m gonna add this to force the routing end to end

imageExactly like this here, like a holder for each wire before they go out

good job on the split part, turns out awesome.

3 Likes