Unikboards short All Terrain Beast!

Is the length of the board not an issue in terms of stability?

no, itā€™s perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

It can also depend on you height.

Iā€™m interested!

You mentioned 3d printed bindings, did you ever make them and are they functional?

1 Like

Hey okp,

Big fan of your buildsā€¦canā€™t tell you how many times I watched your videos jumping the unik boardā€¦so much that I ended up building my own. Iā€™m also interested in the 3D printed bindingsā€¦there is definitely room for design improvements over the freeboard which Iā€™m using now.

2 Likes

I have not produced them yet, so thatā€™s only for my personal use/prototyping; happy to see more and more people putting binding on their electric decks; Really proud to be the ā€œinventorā€ of this riding style ! Freebord bindings are cheap; so going into production of these may cost more than anything else at this time

thanks :slight_smile: your stance is really short mate. Once the mountain series is released, Iā€™ll see how to move forward on this; especially on the weight of the stainless steel part to make this lighter :slight_smile:

Yeah, an older pic, I moved them out a bit since. The weight of the stainless steel really bugs meā€¦looking forward to see what you come up with.

1 Like

Are there any boards you would suggest? I still wanna change my diy board and Im not sure wether or not to get the original freebord deck or something else. What do you guys suggest for a city cruiser with bindings?

Iā€™m riding in Paris with the board that Iā€™ve designed leveraging some specs of the Jet Spud. Itā€™s hand made in France by a shaper and has a good flat area to get the battery pack flat. Been riding it for several years, and then created UNIKBOARDS to make this reality.

Could you approximate the price of this beast and do you think its worth building one alike for the city rides?

yeah it worth ! I went 12S6P and did that build pretty quickly. Iā€™ll post a build thread soon; just need to get all my prototypes parts coming cause I donā€™t want to put this one apart ! I ride it so often.

1 Like

What wheel pulleys are these?

Might be these. https://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/mountainboard-serie-driver-66t-15mm-trampa-superstar-hubs/

Hi!!!

This post is a year old but it is what made me sign up for an account. Iā€™m new to eboarding (3 months) and am in NYC. I own an Evolve GTX but it is a bit awkward here in the city. This Short All Terrain is my dream board!!

I want to take a stab at building it, but am finding it VERY hard to research how to obtain all the necessary parts. I feel confident that I can actually build it once I have all the parts, I am handy and technical in other ways despite never building an eboard before.

I am wondering if you can help point me in the direction of where you got everything! I NEED this board (or similar) in my life!!

Do you think I can building this for $1,000 USD or less? Would you ever entertain the idea of being paid to build an identical one for someone?

Please, any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

The biggest issue with building this board is the risers. They are very difficult to source. @okp might have some. It took me a year to get some.

You could always use surf rodz with extended axles and 6 shooter pnumatics. Talk to @psychotiller about both.

Other than those issues, itā€™s difficult to fit a decent size battery on such a short board, but a 10s2p double stacked is doable.

I would suggest you srart but building a parts list an experiment with different combinations, then ask the community what they think. Good luck.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently building a hybrid like this, and Iā€™m kinda worried about the leverage that the risers would put on the deck because the wheels are not directly under the risers. Especially if the deck is not carbon fiber reinforced.

If it makes you feel better, Iā€™ve been using a wood drop-down deck for almost half a year with a similar setup, havenā€™t had a single problem with it, never used carbon fiber. Just occasionally check to make sure your mounting screws are tight, you should be fine.

Yeah, Iā€™ve been riding it around and it seems fine