Unity stuck in full throttle without the remote even being turned on

here’s what it looks like when it happens to someone in traffic:

1 Like

Same thing happened to me once. I believe in this case it’s the GT2B receiver problem rather than Unity problem. The receiver sometimes goes crazy and sends full throttle signal if it looses connection with the transmitter for more than 30 seconds. I recorded the behavior once. In the video, I switch off the remote. 30 seconds later, the board goes full throttle without me doing anything.

3 Likes

Yes that was a software error, as Deodand is explaining. Had nothing to do with the gt2b giving full throttle when being off after 15 seconds. That’s a receiver issue

That could be a failsafe issue with the gt2b. Do this dude…

2 Likes

I had this on my GT2B and Enertion classic Vescs. It was definitely a problem of the GT2b. Since I switched to the mini trigger it never happened again.

I’ve only had this happen on the gt2b when I didn’t set the failsafe. After I did, I never saw the problem again for over 3 years with the same remote.

i tried it, even without metr pro it has issue.

i can’t replicated it, has happened a total of 2 times, haven’t ridden the board until i get my flipsky remote in to swap it.

after some research it sounds like a fail safe, but trying to activate the failsafe doesnt work either.

1 Like

I got full throttle with version 23.45 when I was driving 10km / h. It happened to me quite scary on the bridge. Fortunately, the brake was working. Now I have a new version but still afraid to ride

23.45 is a known bad firmware version.
sorry for the long bump. just seems that should be stated after that last comment.