Unnamed | LY 10-2-4 | dual 6374 190kv TB | focboxes | 12s5p 30q | 218 TB trucks

DSC_0230 Created this abomination :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just so ya know you can turn the inner bullet connectors to line this up perfectly.

1 Like

Another ugly thing. Wish me luck connecting it now

Yea I turned them for the splitter, thanks

1 Like

Ok, I got motor to spin at least and did set some voltage parameters :smiley: Happy that this is actually working LOL

Now I have no idea where to put the sensor wire from the motor since it doesnt fit in the focbox at all :frowning:

Ok, I did craziest thing. I rode the thing around the building. DSC_0235 It was put together with ductape, paper, no switch, just antispark xt90. Stupid thing to do, but other than loosing 1 motor mount screw I learned smth:

1. Don’t ever try to use TN v4 mounts without drilling holes in the hangar for the screws. Drill holes, apply red loctite. Apply blue electric tape for extra safety. DSC_0234
  2. Don’t use blue loctite. It’s for notebooks and shit. Not for eboards. Be a man, use red one.
  3. BLDC mode is shit in startup and breaking. Sound is great, clogging is not. In general not that pleasant riding experience
  4. I need to solve the wiring problem inside the enclosure. Xt90 and solid splitter are great, but not flexible. Also motor phase wires are WAAAYYY too long.
1 Like

Do you have a jst 1.5 to 2mm adapter for your sensor wires?

If no probably you will not be able to connect the sensor wires

1 Like

no. I guess will try to buy it locally or hack the thing by soldering

Jup! You should get as min the 2mm in every small hobby shop. If you don’t find the 1.5jst than just cut the plug off an solder the 2mm on it :ok_hand:

Yesterday finished everything and did setup the vescs. Tried to ride it at speed and did find out that trucks are WAAAAY to loose. As soon as I let go the throttle got crazy wobbles and met the asphalt… God bless helmets. Even tho I rolled like a champion still my leg got hurt to the point that I barely can walk.

In addition to that: crash bent my front axle :frowning:

1 Like

Why did you choose for mounting the truck kind of ‘through’ your board?

Other than that it looks amazing :grin:

1 Like

To get more clearance from the ground. Battery is double stacked, so not only I did mount truck like that, but I’m about to buy additional riser :slight_smile:

Wow I’m confused.

I thought drop through decks decrease clearance? Closer to the ground

Yea, I bought the deck before deciding about battery. So I ended up mounting the truck underneath the deck, making it reasonably higher

1 Like

Update: I did manage to fix the bent axle (more or less). Used long metal tube and 2 guys (both weight around 100kg). That thing is tough to bend!

20180829_07441420180829_074436

Tightened the trucks to the max and did test ride again. HOLYYY this thing is crazy. I applied only fraction of a throttle the whole ride. There was no desire to apply more whatsoever. I’m literally scared of this board Maybe motor settings are cranked up too high? My current ones are 80.0 A -60.0 A 40.0 A -25.0 A

1 Like

Good luck unscrewing red loctite. If used properly you never really need anything more than the blue one. Really.

I did use red on motor mount clamps, so they wont EVER move :slight_smile: And I might bought some shit blue loctite, bcuz its not viscous at all. It just drips form the bolt instantly

Sounds like a sketchy loctite. I have had some liquidy ones, but they did hold up well so far.

I hear good things about loctite variants you can find on hobby king, I ordered some TL blue versions myself there is a stronger and weaker blue version too.

1 Like

Did buy it locally. Bad luck