[UPDATE] Battery not charging after discharging to 0% - Fixed!

Please read my post as a whole and dont take things out of context.

I asked for him to perform one action only,

I gave an insight of what the results could mean by outlining two possible outcomes. The first being, what would happen if the battery is out of balance, and the second being what would happen if the battery was in balance. Given the information above, there is no mention of the cells being in balance. I do not see anywhere him stating that the individual cell groups have been tested. Just a bunch of assumptions that they are balanced.

Without that critical piece of info, he should not proceed.

34.1V total. There is no information there about how much voltage per cell there is. 34.1v could mean 8 cells at 4.2v and 2 cells at 0.25v or 9 cells at 3.8v and 1 cell at 0v or 10 cells at 3.4v. All three of these scenarios would be treated differently.

Sure, but that should not have been the advice without the knowledge of the battery balance. That is the point I am trying to make.

Regardless, @n8dam8 should probably just let @psychotiller handle it.

Absolutely fine my friend and I get it you know your stuff but please donā€™t assume that everyone else is a complete moron. Need to work on your bedside manner.

When your advice can result in someone accidentally starting a fire in their home and getting hurt, I am going to be nothing but honest and blunt about it. But thats enough for derailing this thread. Take my words however you see fit.

I greatly appreciate all of your help and concerns. I didnā€™t mean for my problem to spark an argument among fellow eskating enthusiasts. Iā€™m still pretty new to this and I donā€™t want to harm myself or others with a fire as I live in an apartment complex, so Iā€™m stopping my testing for now.

It seems that my chargers are still working just fine, so Iā€™ll leave it to my builder to find out whatā€™s wrong with the BMS or the battery pack.

3 Likes

Hopefully the battery can be fixed easily. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, it turns out 1 group of 6 cells were dead at 0 Volts left. Also, my BMS got fried. @psychotiller has replaced the 6 cells and the BMS and he says the pack charges just fine now!

Thanks, everyone, for all of your help!

2 Likes

Great to hear!

This scenario is the one where you definitely didnā€™t want to bypass the bms as it could cause a fire by overcharging the other cells. The others can learn from this too :slight_smile: @dareno

2 Likes

Why did you tag me? If you remember Or bothered to read the original post I did not tell the guy to do anything at all I just told you to behave yourself.

1 Like