(UPDATE)Not enough power or lost of it? ENERTION BUILD

If you dont care about loss of power maybe reduce erpm max. Might help.

24,500 erpm will get 20-24km/h 36,000 erpm is 30km/h 18,000erpm and amp limit at 20amp will give for a very basic board 16km/h not huge acceleration power.

Whats the difference between ppm and ppm/uart? I had it on ppm/uart and it was working fine before

Nice motor connections! Much better than what you showed me before :slight_smile: Make sure the belt is not too tight. Too tight = more stress = more heat. You can run motor detection can be done in the BLDC/FOC page on BLDC tool. You need to do this anytime you change motors, or during initial setup.

@Jinra i got these results

Great! now put the intergrator limit and BEMF coupling results in the corresponding fields above. I would run the test 5 times and average it out. Round the integrator limit down to the closest multiple of 5 and the BEMF coupling down to the closest multiple of 50.

@Jinra okay so this is what I have right now. Replacing with average. The right side correct? Also could this be contributing to the heating issue?

your BEMF coupling is varying by 100? I’d re-run detection with no load (no pulleys or belts) on the motor for more accurate results.

I took everything off. After 6 times the avg is 610

Cool, so set the coupling to 600. It could be contributing to why it’s overheating. It definitely shouldn’t be over heating on flats at your weight. Like I said, make sure the belt isn’t too tight.

@Jinra alright. The belt is not that tight. Also Do you know the difference between PPM and PPM/UART?

Also If your setting your motors erpm any higher the 40k it is better to just tick soft erpm limit as it will be a lot better for the motors.

Suggets you try @Jinra help first. Im no expert. Just my thoughts on maybe trying other options. You need to break the things down as to what might fix it.

I don’t know the technical details, but I know UART is used for bluetooth communications in some boards and ESCs. GT2B uses PPM, so just set it to that. I also noticed your max current ramp gain is too high, set it to .004 and write config. Just FYI there’s a glitch on most BLDC tools that will mutliply the value by 10 every time you write in the motor config tab. The default value is .04 which is why you want to set it to .004 before you write.

1 Like

@Jinra ok adjusting now. What is the erpm stuff? Is it too high right now?

You’re not hitting the eRPM limit, so you’re fine. You can limit it if you feel like you’re going too fast, but it won’t be efficient for your system.

@Jinra Okay. What set up are you using? I feel I need to adjust the motor setting better to not overheat. What do you think with my setup?

I use dual OM5065 motors at 10s, so not very relevant to your setup. But something is configured wrong if your VESC is overheating from flats.

@Jinra Yeah thats what I think…Take a look at my setup again.

That page looks good to me

@Jinra Which other will you like to see?

as long as you put the int limit and bemf coupling correct I think you’re good to go. Try it out.