(UPDATED WITH LOCATION)California/Santa Monica meet up

Hello guys I recently finished my first build. I’ve been cruising around, Venice Beach, CA, Santa Monica, etc. All I see are booster riders. Looking for some people from ESK8 builders that are around LA who are down to meetup and cruise on the weekends! Let me know where are you guys located in California, I am pretty sure we can form a little group or something!

2 Likes

I changed the title and category to better suit the meetup. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey dude! I’m in Mar Vista by the santa monica airport, I’m a vesc repair away from having my board completed. I’ll give you a holler as soon as I get it running!

I totally know there’s two more DIY guys in Venice that I’ve seen on Rose near 5th/6th street, but I don’t know if they’re on this forum.

I’m in San Diego, 138mi to Venice Beach. :slight_frown:

how is it skating in San Diego? I’ll probably be there for the first time on September 12th for half the day!

There are many good places to skate here. Mission Beach board walk (very busy this time of year but really fun with wide cement paths right on the beach. sandy in spots though) East Mission Bay Park(park setting and less crowded) Father Juniper Sera Trail (smooth asphalt road that winds through mountains with lots of uphill/dwnhill. Silver Strand bike way (runs from Coronado to Imperial Beach and is about 11miles long all flat and mostly straight) Lake Murray is out( I got chased out of there cuz they don’t allow any motorized vehicles)

These are not all, just the ones Iv’e done.

2 Likes

NICE! Let me know!!!

Yo! I’m in Orange County!

1 Like

Will :honeybee: In the area in two weeks… But not sure I’ll have time to ride

1 Like

I’m in LA! saw a boosted and egoo last time I was at venice. Still the best place to ride in LA!

I’m in Mar Vista as well. Unfortunately I’m currently SCP3 & VESCless :confused: Maybe i’ll get the rest of my stuff soon and I can get down too.

Hey! I’m in Glendale.

Very nice guys! We can get a group going. I’ll make a poll soon to see what day works best for everyone and we go from there!!

1 Like

@itsmikeholland

Hey dude! I’m in Mar Vista by the santa monica airport, I’m a vesc repair away from having my board completed. I’ll give you a holler as soon as I get it running!

Looks like we blew a primary trace with the reverse polarity event.

Luckily it only burned this section. Usually the sections between the fets will vaporize too!

I tinned what was left of the trace and soldered a section of nickel strip in place for the repair.

The miracle was that nothing else was fried!!?? Your VESC is good to go!

5 Likes

Holy cow that was so fast! I’m so relieved to see that the damage was so small, I think its definitely a testimony to the quality of your parts. This has been, without a doubt, the best customer service I’ve ever received on anything in my entire life. Thank you so much @chaka, I really appreciate the thorough explanation as well! I can’t wait to get this thing on the road!

1 Like

If you have time to sleep, you have time to ride!

Lol I’ll have the lady with me … Lol I think she’d be pissed if I ditched her for you guys loll

1 Like