Upgrade Backfire boards

If i buy i backfire zealot could i upgrade the drive train at a later date or are backfire parts not compatible with other parts?

My roommate has the zealout s. Esc cannot be programmed so any drive train upgrades that could be possible will not be able to be utilized to the full extent. The only thing I believe off the top of my head that you can “upgrade” is the gearing and wheels.

Thanks! I haven’t been able to find a clear answer. Do you think it would be possible/ worth it to get a new esc or even a vesc ?

Mmmm I cant say forsure but on some manufactured boards the battery connections are proprietary like my exway; however my meepo was a regular xt60. I do not know about the connectors within backfires boards but I am guessing they are proprietary as well so you would have to resolder everything/ get the electrics schematic (i ithink). I personally would not worry about upgrading anything on any manufactured board. Just ride it til the wheels off then, if you still like the hobby, build a diy board from scratch. That’s what I did and I had a great time building something that I know I put together and it was a great learning experience. I’m in the process of learning how to build my own packs.