Upgrade cheap hub motor board with Focbox Unity & Get Amazing Performance BOOST

We put a Focbox Unity, paired with a Nano-X in a generic hub motor esk8.

We got some very surprising results! Most notably a 32% increase in top speed… WOW! Huge improvement in acceleration, speed, torque and overall improvements with control of throttle/brake.

We did three tests.

1. A-to-B 30M sprint from a stationary start.
  2. 100m hill climb up 10% gradient from a stationary start.
  3. Top Speed test using GPS phone app.

We got improvements in all three tests & we will be posting a video soon so you can all see how we did the testing.

19 Likes

Awesome news. I’m in the process of upgrading my focboxes to a unity. I was planning on putting the focboxes into my sons generic hub motor board. Glad to hear it may be a performance upgrade !

so you put an esc inside a board that’s worth what the esc is worth :joy:. still sick

5 Likes

what tha? meepo v2 isn’t $249…

2 Likes

249 does not include shipping. :joy:

3 Likes

nah nah you can get a “generic hub motor esk8” for that im 98% sure (i always say 98% bc there’s always one idiot that does that “aKshUallY yOu cAn’T” shit so)

2 Likes

thanks for comments @AlanZhou & @mynamesmatt

4 Likes

Are you going to be stocking the unity in the states soon so that shipping cost doesn’t influence purchasing for some folks?

@onloop

Sup dog.

Cool!

Make shit better!

20190115_194722

13 Likes

some of these folks have the ability to service the US market… should ask them to stock the unity.

1 Like

@sender shh you’re drunk

1 Like

Yup

1 Like

image image image image

Use Unity with MeepoV1’s switch. Change the wiring layout.

3 Likes

I didn’t even need further convincing yet you’ve gone and done it!

Nice work! can you report your findings? did you also see improvements?

I read this thread and thought of using meepo’s switch. It is not going ahead from there. I was predicting that Unity is a strategic product that can upgrade cheap boards. Everyone in Builders will use unity to build high performance boards. But Unity is a good choice for upgrading the cheap board. I think that beginners are good threads to step up.

2 Likes

Would this work with the Meepo AWD?

Hi, could you show us how you connect your hubs to the unity ?

Actually this can be achieved with any VESC based ESC :stuck_out_tongue: Depending on the programming of the orginal ESC there will be no speed increase because its limited by KV but torque will improve a lot.

3 Likes

Awesome ! What about temperatures ? How do you now that suck setup willl old over time ?