Using 12s batterys

Yes I’m so happy ! My order from enertion is showing up today ! Now I can mock up where every thing will fit up on the board.

Looks like a great build so far! Some serious Ah! Let us know what she weighs in at when finished. Not one you’d want to carry around all day, but with the range you can ride everywhere!

If you have issues with your ESC’s i would definitely recommend the VESC as a better ESC for e-boards. I think Enertion has some in process shipping next month…

Keep us updated and nice build!

You can always use a downhill deck and walk the board.

Omg I just went for my first ride on it ! Its so fast that I almost fell off the back of it ! Its got super powers ! I mean you would have to be superman just to dare to use full throttle at all ! I think I need handle bars just to hold on ! I was barley able to even use 1/4 throttle and its touchy I think I might tone it down to 6s and keep the second battery in my back pack for long rides. Ya like 80 miles lol.

Hahahaha. just reminded me of this:

looking back at your specs, top speed is at ~40mph!! after you have felt what 20mph feels like you probably wont want to go 40 LOL

I can say this about the gear enertion set me. Its all top of the line :smile:

for what its worth it appears that you have your motor gears on backwards. edit: see here:

Oh man your right they are on backwards. Thank you. No wonder I had a hard time spacing the motors apart. Here is a picture of what I had to do with the throttle trigger to get it to work with these aircraft esc’s .

OK all fixed. Thanks.

1 Like

Much better… give those r-spec the breathing room they deserve!

Also. I would suggest running the motor wires backwards then bending them back forwards.

It doesn’t look like you have much slack in the wire for turning.

It will damage the motor if those phase wires get pulled hard during a deep sharp turn.

Also… for now as a temporary measure… please cover the batteries with somthing the cannot be punchured… one stick at the wrong angle POW… lots of coin down the drain…

You might not be able to see it in the pictures but there is a great big wire loop between the esc’s and the motors going right to left and back. Every thing moves nice and free. Even at max angles.

I’d still angle them down, because right now they are low enough to get caught by sticks and rocks from the road.

Sweet looking build so far though!

1 Like

I tried out the brakes on these esc’s and there was no coast and the brakes were so hard that I fell off the board to a running stop. No that won’t work. Lol . im still not done with this build. I still need to screw the esc box to the board cuz its just Velcroed on right now. I want to try it out with just one battery. I think maybe the throttle might not be so jurky on just 6s. Pluse there is no way I could ever mash all the way down on the throttle using 12s. It just accelerate way to fast. Maybe if I program in some expo that might help.

I had similar trouble with my first ESC that I ever tried. it was an aircraft version and the brakes were brutal. I ended up just disabling them all together and using my foot to brake. also the acceleration was brutal as well. both cases seemed to be all or nothing… even when programmed to softest.

the next ESC I got was a car version… much much nicer to use.

fortunately for me I was using the wii nunchuck for control so I was able to use the cruise control function to sustain low speed.

I was at a time thinking of using a castle creations 800kv 2028 1/5 scale motor. But I can see now that these motors are more then enough powerful. Goops of torque.

ya, I have a 2200kv castle 2028 in my 1/8th scale rc car…

the problem is the small diameter, long can size and mainly the high kv.

Well today I got the battery straps screwed down to the bottom of the board and screwed down the esc box. I turned down the throttle end point to 20% and still could not max out the throttle when riding the board. 15% expo also seemed to help calm it down a bit but its still a beast on 12s. It’s crazy that at half throttle I’m hitting 25 to 30 mph