So I have been working on this build for a while so some parts are old. I will walk you though my thinking process.
I decide to go with the vanguard because it’s what boosted uses and I figured they put a lot of R&D into why they chose that deck. So I used it too. Probably not the best deck and I may swap my parts to another deck in the future if I wanna mess with things. Anyway on with the build.
Originally I was thinking I would make my batteries swappable. The hard part about that was trying to find a quick release connectors for electrical and something that could handle the vibrations. I was looking into aircraft grade cam locks but the electrical connectors were not working for me.
I built my battery housing out of foam originally and it locked into place and worked great with just foam. I ended up using guitar strap lock quick release and they worked GREAT!
However the electrical didn’t go so well and when I fiberglassed the first run of this it turned out to be a steaming turd. I am awful at fiberglass turns out. So I needed a new plan.