Vanguard Orange | 10s | SK3 I VESC

Hey Dunkirk,

I think you did a really nice job on choosing the components of your e-skateboard. Vengaurd deck, kegel weels, 10s and vesc also will be the parts of my choice. However I want to stick to a dual rear drive chain. Right now I am searching for a motor that will fit between the wheels. Since your use the 184mm calibers and the kegels wheels I have a question about the measurements of your board. What is the distance between both back wheels, if you loosen the nuts to a maximum? Technically you could just fill up the space between the inner bearing and the hanger with washers or sth. similar. Depending on your answers I will choose the motors. They will have a length of probabably 45mm- 55 mm. Also I want to use at least a 12mm wide HTD 5M belt for tourque transmission, instead of a 9mm one due to a higher durability.

Greetings from Germany

Thanks! If you are going to use dual rear there is no need to use 12mm belts. Two 9mm belts will give you more than enough grip. There is 5mm free space in the both ends of Calibers so if you want to do some adjustments I suggest that you go with wider trucks. However calibers will hold two 6355 motors with 9mm belt.

1 Like

Are those Sanyo batteries? I think those are 10amp cells. If so then ur sucking them way beyond what they’re designed for if 2p. Even 4p isn’t advised.

No they are not Sanyo cells. They are LG HE2 20A cells. Now when using those two 5s3p batteries there is no more voltage sag. I have limited battery max to 30A so I am only pulling 10A per cell. I also made a new enclosure for them:

I think that this build is now finished! :smile:

4 Likes

Would you be able to show a diagram on the connections for this pack? Thanks.

HI

this diy longboard looks awesome.

Can you show us some new updates because i’m curently in USA right now and i can buy some parts here and i want to build it when i come back home to Slovenia in summer.

do you have any videos on youtube?

please contactme on [email protected], because i will need some help :smiley:

Thank you!

There is no major updates done to this board. Sorry, I don’t have any videos in youtube, but I am thinking to make one.

Please ask questions, I am happy to help you.

If you are visiting Helsinki anytime soon we can shoot some esk8 footage :projector:

1 Like

So back home i will made the custom board, i allready have the trucks from the days when i was skating , the only thing what i’m gonna buy is pulley and motor controller from Enertion

I dont know what is better, one motor : Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192kv Brushless Outrunner Motor, or should i take two motors? i dont know how the motors react on my weight :smiley: i have arround 100KG

i was always using the 18650 batteries by panasonic for my portable speaker and gopro gimbal like this: http://www.amazon.com/NCR18650B-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-Panasonic/dp/B00C26OWGS?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

and i they are working pretty good ,or do you recommend those LG-s from your project?

In one project i have found that guy was using controller and receiver from nintendo wii. Which controller and receiver do you using ???

And the final question about battery setup. I want to have board thin as possible so the 18650 battery solution is good but do you have any updates for that so i can build battery pack with only one row?

tnx

@Haimindo Yes that would be nice! I’ll contact you if I am coming to Helsinki :sunglasses:

@joniee I weight 95kg and there is no problem with 6374 size motor. It got plenty of power. There is no need for two motors.

Those panasonic batteries have too low discharge rate. You should go with higher discharge batteries for example those LGs.

There were severe problems with wii controller so I switched to gt2b. I recommend any 2.4Ghz system

With 18650 cells you can build any shape of battery. No problem with only one row.

What’s the max speed like with the 168kv SK3? :slight_smile:

At 10s with 15/36t pulley, 83mm wheels and without factoring the motor/setup efficency is 40km/h, I’ve seen you’re considering this motor and your desired spee is 30km/h so at 6s without bigger wheels/different pulleys it will not reach 30kmh. I suggest you to put your data in the calculator and check :slight_smile:

Hmm, at 8s it will theoretically reach 32km/h… Should I just convince my self to go 10s and a 168kv, instead of 8s 245kv? What do you think? :slight_smile:

it depends really if you plan to can or plan to get bigger wheels, different gears, higher voltage setup in the future with the lower kv motor or the contrary with the other motor, also consider that you can always limit the max speed (rpm) if you use a configurable ESC like the VESC but you can never increase the torque via settings, only by changing gearing or/and by putting smaller wheels, but if you are not a heavy rider it shouldn’t be a problem. Also higher voltage should help with the overall system efficiency so maybe you can try with lower kv but 10s? maybe wait for other suggestions

Okay. There is approximately 6-7km/h difference between 8s 245kv and 10s 168kv. I’m not a heavy rider, really not sure if I’ll wait on HK to restock the 245… it takes so long

If i were you i would take the 168kv motor :slight_smile:

I did! 20 characters

1 Like

@Dunkirk soo, how many batteries did you buy in total for your second battery build???

also, were the lipos in your back connected in parallel or series?. (im planning on copying your build) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There is total of 30 cells.

Lipos were connected in series when discharging and parallel when charging