I finally decided on my components. Thanks @Der6FingerJo, @rich, @AndyBigD and everyone else for help! Starting my “Velcro Board” build page. First, why Velcro Board? I want to build an electric eMTB that can be easily converted to normal MTB, so that I can use the motor for getting to kiting spots, remove the motor/battery/ESC and use the MTB for kiting. More about that here. It will be something that’s easy to put together and take apart again, same as velcro. Plus, I think the build will rely on actual velcro heavily. And I kinda like the name. So Velcro Board it is… or it will be… I hope.
To do the conversion, the plan is to have two hangers and two pairs of wheels – motorized and normal – and swap them.
I will keep this page updated as I progress in my build.
For now, here’s the list of components and expected budget:
- MBS Core 94 (already have it; used one for ~280 EUR)
- Extra set of MBS ATS 12 trucks with MBS wheels (80 EUR)
- Idea MBS ATS 12 mount for 1 motor (176 EUR)
- Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-149KV Brushless Outrunner Motor (62 EUR)
- 4x ZIPPY Flightmax 8000mAh 3S1P 30C Lipo Pack with XT90 (125 EUR)
- ESCape (~172 EUR)
- HobbyKing HK-GT2B 3CH 2.4GHz Transmitter and Receiver (20 EUR)
- 2x IMAX B6 DC Charger 5A 50W (Copy) (31 EUR)
- Power supply for the chargers (~15-20 EUR)
- Various small parts, wires, connectors, etc (~25 EUR)
- Shipping (~40 EUR)
Total: ~1000 EUR