Vendor complaints versus design discussion

send me a set i’ll give them to Jake. If he can’t cook them your golden.

2 Likes

@longhairedboy sure thing :slight_smile: I will do.

1 Like

if we sent you a faulty product & you have photos to prove it please send an email/chat showing the issue… we have 24/7 chat/support so we are ready to discuss it now.

I think it is one of the coolest aspects of this forum, having so many founders, vendors, innovators reading and posting here among us mortals! They get the most direct feedback possible and can keep everyone in the loop about what is going on in their supply, development, specials etc. Also they are the ones that know their products the best and can give good advice or resolve problems, when they feel like it.

What really impresses me is also, how peacefully they usually coexist, without trying to badmouth competition, get more attention than the other etc etc. Even during black friday, the advertising posts were extremely modest and definitely far more informative than annoying. When I found out that this forum is owned by Jason, the enertion boss, I could not believe, how fairly criticism is handled here.

Esk8 parts being produced/sold professionally and in large quantities is a fairly new thing as I understand. This means that a certain level of human chaos should definitely be allowed regarding the shops because there is no one brand that has been in the game for 20 years and should have perfected everything by now. You are right saying that we should not be beta testers but we are still early adopters and that is where shit sometimes still tends to happen. Be grateful that we don’t all have to work with lame rc parts like the pre 2013s builders!

I don’t think there are many setups, where customers and vendors have such a tight connection than in the Esk8 community and in this forum. As I said, it is a privilege, to have the vendors here and It is so easy to contact them for personal issues. This and their patience should not be abused by creating flame threads because something did not go as planned and you are trying to get their attention. You can flame banggood as much as you like but I doubt the owner will give 2 shts about your issue.

Also I think most of the vendors are in the game because they love skating and not because they are getting crazy rich while screwing over poor customers on purpose. You said tb vescs arent the best quality and cant handle foc? Faulty Enertion Focboxes exist? Anybody who has read 3 threads in here knows that so I don’t think there is crazy censorship going on. I know I am new here but I still wanted to give my 2 cents on this topic and the overwhelmingly positive experience I had on this forum so far. Mods, please keep deleting uninformative hateposts by people that take themselves too seriously!

tl;dr Thanks vendors for not being normal ecommerce CEOs!

2 Likes

well then your lucky cause our whole crew’s failed(26 of them)

doubtful its user error, we’ve all been building drones and working with these types of hobbies for years. When it happens mixed between BLDC, Hybrid,and FOC… who all really knows, other then none of us run them anymore. Shit my 4 are still sitting in a plastic bag on the shelf dead. Environmental? Maybe, but it’s Raleigh, NC, its not salty, and not to humid…

I love your site, litterally my only complaints would be about the failure rate of your ESC’s and AntiSparks. Everything else is gold. However, I will note, not a single one of our VESC’s got replaced…not one in our entire skate group…

already handled. Thanks - we all run focbox’s currently, and only one of us had an issue, and it was on first power on and the cap next to the drv exploded. assuming it was touching the casing as there is was a welding/shorting pit on the heatsink where the cap was. But lol when you send pics and video of the drv blown on pin 29 with the c27 cap exploded and support says, send us a screen shot of your settings…yet it doesn’t power on lol…

Also this thread is pretty pointless now anyway. The whole point of it was to contrast what was happening in the other thread. Now it just looks like a bitching thread that didn’t start as part of another thread, which wasn’t my intention. It was to contrast the good of the forum, with the bs that gets locked into neverland…and no one learns. Ugh. And here I am, I get to be the one that looks like the asshat complaining…just like every other OP in every other bitchin thread.

All the vendors even came out to play… except BKB aka JLabs… the guy that doesn’t offer replacement motors, says he’ll replace them and then ships you back disassembled motors with broken TAPs in the shaft set screw holes…because he thinks its more economical to try to “fix” then then replace or refund his busted bullshit.

Think i’ll just stick to this thread… its better when no one talks lol https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm

No has mentioned which hardware version. I assume its 4.12.

That is correct. All 4.12

I will give my take as a person who was a moderately early adopter of ESK8 stuff back in 2015 and as someone who never had time to give back to this forum and community.

I KNOW that the small amount of communication I had with people selling stuff here was INVALUABLE. People need to know that YOU have to do your own research and place your expectations accordingly. I did this and I still shitted $200 down the toilet. I know people who lost way more money on this rather expensive hobby and I think that 99 percent of the sellers here were open and honest about what they were selling and how you could communicate with them. You cant expect Boosted boards TM level of service and communication when you are paying less than 50% of the price. Harsh as this response may be, except for the price gouging some sellers may have done in the past, (no names mentioned COUGH $300 Abec Wheels COUGH $120 for 6355 motors COUGH) the service and transparency has been above my expectations on this relatively small forum. I mean before the spammers.

I still promise to post my build and pictures.

1 Like

Blah blah blah… everybody be talking too much just back from the Thanksgiving and it was too much talking.

One word… implicit or explicit…REVIEWS!!!

Amazon, Ebay and the rest of the shizzle is all based on happiness factor of reviews… “Oh there was a problem and he fixed it right away”. The hardest working guys on here I have dealt with like @Nowind, @longhairedboy, and others… level of happiness. Are other people using their stuff and well? Are you the one not? Are you missing a piece of information that prevented that? Talk to the vendor.

Everything else is grandstanding… talk to the vendor, talk to the vendor, read builds, read builds, see who people like the most. The world at the end of the day and amongst esk8 nerds see who and how many are happy with whom.

This takes analysis… and if you can’t analyze… don’t consume.

FACT: Depending on how prolific you are and your learning level… you will most likely make $500-$1000 a year in mistakes on your lets say first 2-3 builds… after that you will gain vision. I think that is just the nature of DIY. After that it’s gonna be smoother sailing and your ability to assimilate how the components and vendor components really work together.

You could always just buy a boosted or evolve or whatever and then go fight with just that one vendor…those companies have crazy markup and can deal with you better. There is reason those build in box guys give you a stable but under-powered product that is meant to last and already fits together… because replacing a defective unit is easy for them.

1 Like

hahaha no shit bro. No shit. I made triple that in mistakes the first six months alone. Learning is expensive, and priceless.

5 Likes

Lol I can fry any vesc in existence, focboxes, tb vescs, and even ollins lol

3 Likes

that’s pretty much every hobby anyone is ever into…lol

1 Like

Can we start a thread about customer complaints? I have a complaint about a customer.

6 Likes

This^ EXACTLY.

First off. I didn’t create the thread. The thread got split from another thread about “all that is great”. Don’t worry I don’t need their attention. I know whom I will and won’t give my money to, for what and what not. Our large local esk8 community found this out together by having lots of different builds, with random similarities of parts.

I do not need their attention. Take the above posts or leave them. I could care less. If you had a big esk8 group local to you, would you trust all you’ve seen with your buddies and parts failing in front of you, or people on the internet. Hey I shared. Your choice to listen. Just like a mod’s choice to silence topics like these…

No I’m saying they can’t handle anything - at least that’s my point of view and I’ll stick to it, as again big local crew, we all ran TBVESC’s…in under 2 months, none of us run TB Vescs, because they all failed, in every which mode. FOC, BLDC, Hybrid. They failed, plain and simple. Every last one.

less then 50%…that can’t be right… seeing as most builds cost just as much as a boosted if not more if they’re dual and you don’t want crap range…

Doesn’t always correct the problem. Stated that.

lol, Dude…building esk8’s is like childs play. Picking components hahah. dude you can’t be serious. -Been soldering since i was 11 -Been surfing and skating since i was a kid -Been designing ciruit’s most of my life -Designed Micro Grid Power systems and data center load automation for some years -Been writing code most of my life -Electric hobbies…lol ^^^ see professional and hobby life above

Think I can put together a skateboard… lol

Who wants to do that? If you build things you build things. Who buys shit when you’ve diy all your life? Not this guy. I don’t have any fights with any vendors…I just have past experiences… I wasn’t even trying to bring them up again.

I was just trying to voice my damn opinion about how fucked up I think the close thread and move on thing is in the other thread talking about everything great about the forum. Then it got split into this…and that wasn’t even the point…

the point was @longhairedboy is getting really good at making Tin foil hats, and soon they will be lit with programmable LEDS…

i love foil hats! Chrome and EL wire FTW.

Also, there are people who really do think all the vendors are scamming them.

Then there’s the people actively trying to scam the vendors.

5 Likes

Yo my friend step back from the ledge. We all have bad times with parts.

Okay how about this… if you can’t work it out and you were smart enough to do PayPal… do a chargeback to their account with dispute and file photos/videos of your claim. Wouldn’t that protect your dinero $$$ to some extent if not your time and investment of said mastery in all things because of vendor issues? Won’t the vendor just give you back your money as you threaten such an action?

I mean I have almost never used this except in the case of truly missing package for months but even then we worked it out.

Also, why did you order 26 VESC’s from one guy smarty pants…lol ?

Lol btw… I am not even a vendor… look what I had to do with a recent transaction ( I don’t even know what to say next)…I just had to share this shit for laughs… names redacted to protect everyone’s identity…

1 Like

Also, why did you order 26 VESC’s from one guy smarty pants…lol ?

Are you 10 years old? Did you even read what he wrote? 26 total esc’s purchased among a local group of esk8 riders, not one purchase from a single person

That’s what I read. I wish I was 10 years old… we didn’t have electric anything back then :frowning:

Maybe way further down there was some parenthetical contextual explanation of the 26? Yeah yeah I read about 2600 and crews and new guys… got it now… but still…

It’s one of those TLDR situations of crying on the internet.

Still the point being why not threaten chargeback to PayPal or credit card? Most credit cards protect your chargeback status for months and months and if you show them proof they will take your side. The vendor almost always caves… because it’s often better to lose a little money and replace the part or simply do a refund and not deal with that buyer if the product was legit.

i’ve got a pretentious entitled little prick doing that to me right now. Except he’s dead wrong and working the system out of a false sense of entitlement. There’s no way i’m going to give him a fucking refund when he’s riding around on the mod i did for him with no issues. IF papal gives it to him, i’m invoicing him and filing a small claim against him when he doesn’t pay it i swear to god.

3 Likes