Very custom, way too much?

As far as I know @MoeStooge doesn’t use VESCs. He had a different ESC last time I saw his board, if I remember correctly

1 Like

Been pleased with the Mamba XL-X. Has a very tunable tool box, data logging, adj amp ceiling, throttle/brake curve adj… has no erpm limits and will feed 200a at 8s…

3 Likes

I might :wink: have a extra pair laying around if anyone in Au wants a set, pm me.

Yes, you could actually use all the cells in a 12s setup, I doubt it will damage the motor. I run my 6s motor on 12s just fine

1 Like

Think you have some reading to do on motors. :slight_smile: Dont look for all short answers, try to understand as much as you can before doin something you’re uncertain of.

http://vedder.se/2014/10/chosing-the-right-bldc-motor-and-battery-setup-for-an-electric-skateboard/ <-- pretty good read regarding kv, current and how its related.

Regarding pushing the voltage. 10S is prob fine on a 8S motor. But eventually it will saturate. Meaning it can’t amplify the magnetic field in the motor any further. Thats a behaviour you’d generally want to avoid as its not good for the motor and wont give you a good riding experience (vibration and stuttering). So try load the motor under 10S and see if it saturates before riding as normal, falling under full load aint fun.

2 Likes