VESC 6 released and the forum is open

The new way for managing parameters and (de-)serialisation is well made and really cool. I like it. Thank you Benjamin. Very easy to extend. I can finally implement my Pedelec App. :slight_smile:

https://github.com/rpasichnyk/vesc_tool/releases/tag/v0.81 ping @MontPierre

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk :kissing_closed_eyes:

Wow. BLDC Mode with SK3 6374 190kv Sensorless motor and no cogging ( bench test). Just WOW!

EDIT - thats because I habe changed minimum duty Cycle from 0.5% to 0.8% ( Motor->General->Advanced)

Waiting for my sensored motors to brave FOC on focbox!

Hi XXLV,

Iā€™m very interested by your Pedelec app.

What sensor will you use to detect crank movement?

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Thank you !!!

Thanks for the OSX version. Are you planning on updating it to 3.29?

Done already https://github.com/rpasichnyk/vesc_tool/releases , v0.82

2 Likes

Sorry @rpasichnyk, I didnā€™t get why you forked official VESC Tool. Is it to make it work with your app ? Or some kind of improved version ?

I forked it to make it compile on macOS. I did some small pull requests and all of them were accepted upstream. I keep this fork just to have Releases section where people can download VESC Tool for macOS. It is 100% the same functionality as official, except there is no official version for macOS.

2 Likes

Huge thanks dude for keeping OSX version alive !! Finally I can update to 3.29. We will see how the breaking is gonna work now.

2 Likes

Yes thanks @rpasichnyk for the OSX version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dude! Thank you!

Sorry. One more question. If I choose to, I can configure the firmware on a blank VESC the old way (thatā€™s on Vedderā€™s site). Correct?

what version of osx do I need to run for this to work? No luck on 10.9

The minimum required version of macOS is 10.10

1 Like

Hello, I am having difficulty updating the firmware of my Torque6 ESC. When I first connect the ESC, it says connected in ā€œlimited modeā€, which I believe means I need to update the firmware. Every time I load the VESC_default.bin firmware with ā€œ60ā€ hardware (which I believe is correct for v6 hardware), I get a ā€œSerial port error: Device not configuredā€ message. My ESC is being powered by a 10s battery, and is connected to my computer with a USB A to C cable. I am using the 3.0.0 MacOS vesc_tool and am running Catalina 10.15.7. Has anyone had this issue before?