VESC acceleration boosts at high speeds

i don’t think thats true. In the Video that i posted above you see that the Voltage sags in about 0,5 volts when the burst happens. So it is the opposit.

Yep noticed the boost too, Im using 3 wire throttle, sensorless, BLDC, and 245KV Tacon Bigfoot on ADC-UART app. only…

thought it was a result of voltage sag, timing setting or ramp setting…

Does this mean VESC is NOT giving me maximum output power at lower RPM`s ??

At lower RPM’s is no issue. Only the peak at around 0,85 till 0,95 duty cycle seems to have issues. I still try to find out. But it would help if somebody can tell me if he has the same issues with FOC. Maybe somebody is switching between FOC and BLDC and can tell me if the behavior is the same. At the moment i can’t test it myself.

FWIW I’ve never experienced this on my dual VESC dual 5065 motors on BLDC

This simply isn’t true, I’ve never had this issue and have used various motor max/battery max ratios.

no I’m saying there is not just 1 ratio that will prevent the random acceleration issue

This thread should be about the acceleration boost at high speeds. The settings of the motor max and battery is discussed in another thread already.

1 Like

@devin i think you should open a thread in vedder’s forums

I also can’t aggree on that. When you watch the video you can see that the motor amps power already down from 38 to 32 and after that the boost happens when duty jumps from 0.87 to 0.95.

But we should give it a try. That means by your explanation that the boost should not happen when max battery and max motor amps are the same.

But in reality that is the moment when it starts. In the video you see that it stays for like 2 seconds between 0,84 and 0,87 duty cycle. And then it jumps directly to 0,95. And that is when the boost kicks in.

BTW throttle is all the time at 50%.

But why does it jump to 0,95. All the time the duty cycle increases very linear. Then it idles at around 0,85 and then jumps to 0,95.

But in my posted video this happens already earlier. As you see in the video the motor current decreases already 2 seconds befor the boost from 39 to 32 amps.