VESC BLDC motor detection failed and not showing a fault code. Please Help

I’m trying to program my VESC and it’s not working. I currently have a 10,000mAh 14.8V 4S battery connected to a VESC that is connected to an Enertion R-Spec motor.

I tried programming it a couple weeks ago and I and I had no problem with the motor detection. But now whenever I try to do a motor detection, the motor shakes and jerks and the motor detection fails. I went into the Realtime Data tab and it didn’t give me an error message of any sort. It said No Fault. What’s going on with my board?

Make sure your batteries are charged, your phase connectors are well isolated.

Okay I checked and the battery is fully charged and the phase connectors are isolated

What are your battery voltage cutoffs?

My minimum voltage is 8.0 Volts and the maximum voltage is 57 Volts

Not those, your battery cut off start/end. It’s right below those fields.

Start is 30.00 Volts and End is 33.00 Volts

Change it to 13v start and 12v end and retry detection.

EDIT: make sure you write config before detection.

IT WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Would you mind explaining what exactly it was that I changed?

Since you’re detecting on 4s your VESC was already hitting low voltage cut off. You always want cutoffs to be lower than your nominal working voltage. I set mine to start at 3.3v per cell and end at 3.0v per cell, though I would stop riding once the cut off starts.

I’m also having trouble with my VESCs. I’m running a dual motor set up with the two VESCs and the USB port isn’t working on one of them. I’ve tried every port on my laptop. It just doesn’t work with the other VESC. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

How did you connect the two VESCs together? If you’re using CAN bus, do you only connect the two cables out of four?

Yes. The middle two

That’s good, because it only needs one try with 4 cables connected on the CAN bus to create ground loops and it will short the can transceiver causing the 3.3V rail to fail. Result is a non working USB port.

But the power indication led (blue one) is lit? Did you try other USB cables as well?

The power indication light does come on. And the usb cable I’m using is working with my other VESC. And it’s worked with this one before, it just isn’t right now.