VESC Bluetooth Modules for Sale! [IN STOCK AGAIN] [APP FINISHED UPDATE]

More are back in stock. You can order now from Rocket Boards!

2 Likes

Fixed the problem with it not tracking data when the phone is turned off. Thank you for finding this bug. These are the kinds of bugs I donā€™t always catch, which is what I needed you all as beta testers to help me find.

The unfortunate thing is I have to go through the approval process again, but you should get a notification of an update for the VESC Vision not too long in the near future.

The new app wonā€™t have this issue, as I already fixed it and tested this today to confirm I had the right fix.

1 Like

Got a chance to get this up and running on a DIY vesc, awesome!

Iā€™m glad to have heard no problems thus far with any of the BT modules. These seem very consistent on the high quality of the chips.

I want to encourage my European customers to let me know when you get your orders if you can. I want to make sure all of you get them ok, and since I donā€™t get tracking (without another $13.95 ontop of the $13.50 shipping), itā€™s hard for me to confirm is was at least delivered. If you donā€™t want to post, even a pm would help me to confirm my shipping method is reliable. All first batch Europe orders should have already arrived, or be arriving any day now.

Second batch orders, will be shipped in around 14 hours (sorry, been a long day of classes). If you want to get into tomorrows shipment, now be be a great time to order!

I will likely add the new app this weekend, with some features, and the addons will come in time. Iā€™m excited for everyone to try out the new graphs and session tracking.

3 Likes

Got mine in The Netherlands on the 18ā€™thā€¦did not have a chance to see it working as i am missing the battery. it took around 10 days, to arrive here, or so if i am not mistaking. One thing that i saw is the shrinkwrapā€¦:smiley: i like to have the clear type to see if it is working fine :smiley: or if any problems appear :smiley:

Glad to hear you got it. Clear heatshrink is on my todo list for the 3rd batch. I used yellow for most of the chips, which the lights go through quite well. But Iā€™m out of yellow heatshrink, so Iā€™m using what I have to work with, which is red or blue. Unfortunately, itā€™s hard to find these types of things in the US, and I often find the easiest way is to order from china. But it takes weeks to get anything from china, so it will be a few weeks before I can get clear heatshrink.

1 Like

All orders have been shipped.

nice work, got mine today, clear heatshirk would be nice maybe keep the red/black wires +/- just details i guess

Anyways i donā€™t have an iphone, but I do have a few years experience programming on android and play dev account.

Any tips on where to get started with the ble connection, and uart/vesc data format would be great, I think it would be good to keep at least some of the basic consistent over platforms. Iā€™ll post the code on github with apache 2.0 as an effort to make me document and present my work.

Take a look at the rolling Gheko uart code. The bluetooth communication code Iā€™m using was biased on that.

Also, on github, the VESC Logger is the VESC Vision, just compiled and with a few fixes. You mix be able to translate some of that code into java.

1 Like

Awesome, should I make a separate thread for android or just post here when I have something?

1 Like

Just post here. It relevant to this topic. If you need any help, Iā€™m more than glad to look over stuff. Java probably my strongest language right now.

Iā€™ve been working hard on the iphone app. Itā€™s coming, just takes a lot of time, since C languages are so needy.

Cool, I just spent a few minutes reading through the vesc vision code, its pretty all over the place with so many function pointers.

Iā€™ve read it before but vedderā€™s page about vesc/uart feels like the place to start, he has descriptions of the interfaces. Could have saved the last 30mins if I checked this first. http://vedder.se/2015/10/communicating-with-the-vesc-using-uart/

iā€™m going to start with the connection and basic data, then iā€™ll see where the night takes meā€¦:thinking:

I just wanted to give everyone an update as to where the app standsā€¦

Settings now include settings for different builds. You will be able to track up to 4 boards independently. The code has been further cleaned up. I have been debating how to do the main page. I want to have a setting that allows you to go from numeric to visual. In order to do visual, I need to get the vesc setting data. So Iā€™ve been researching how to get the settings from a vesc, and that can be done through sending the COMM_GET_MCCONF command to the vesc. Itā€™s a bit harder than that, as I have to interpret bytes of data in hexidecimal and write some new code to handle this and turn it into.

But I will be uploading after I add the ride history tab. Unfortunately, I have been busy with mid terms and mid term projects. But those are winding down after tomorrow, so I should be able to finish it this weekend at the latest. Iā€™ve been debating on the level of detail in the first version, and it will be more than I first thought. More to come in the following days :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Sounds awesome! And great to see collaboration with @saul on android implementation. Excited to see how this evolves.

I need to get me one of these soon @evoheyax love your work

What, you are not adding this into your BLE bag from hell stress test of nanoX on a live public street with cars? Lol!

can anybody confirm that bluetooth will not work If Im using the UART for 3-wire twist throttle ??

No pressure. just checking on the status of the app. Iā€™m really excited for the new features. Hope your mid terms went well!

Yea, sorry for the lack of updates. Iā€™ve been pouring a lot of time into it, but Iā€™m getting ready for another round of mid terms next week.

Keep updates:

You can now save rides and pull them back up, all in the same app. Iā€™ve been working on getting push notifications working. I want to do push notifications for when your battery is fully charged,and when you hit 50% battery and 20% battery, so you know where your battery without even taking the phone out of your pocket (as youā€™ll hear the ding and hopefully, feel the vibration. It will be able to replace the need of a battery meter.

Other news, thereā€™s now an electronic battery meter in the app, that gives you percentage left along with a bar.

Once push notifications are done, I need to tweak the main page to fit some more data I record but donā€™t display. Then, Iā€™ll add a few things to the graph that are missing and add the acceleration timer, and call it v1 :stuck_out_tongue: I wish I could give a time line, but apple makes certain things (like push notifications) way more complicated then they should be in my opinion.

4 Likes

Well if ppl start earning money out of this (By including it in their end products). i think you will need to ā€œwelcomeā€ some donations or contribution for your work!

Otherwise really great work! Will probably also use it one dayā€¦ (waiting for the android version to progress and also a bit cheaper vesc prices in general, for now)ā€¦

So yeah - really great that this has been made and the possibility to add all of these functions / see stats is just awesome :wink:

Thanks for sharing it to the diy eboard community!