VESC - Buy Ultimate Motor Controller - In Stock & Lowest Price

Do you have a source for that pinout ?

I actually have the little converter pcb thing in this post:

So that labelled the pins for me before I cut the wires to the head.

Heres a random diagram from google images that seems to be consistent with the convert pcb thing:

Keep in mind this view is looking at it from the front. When you look at it from the back ( the part will you will cut the wires ) the left and right will be opposite.

Wow. Thats a crazy large nyko kama reciever. I have not seen one like that before.

Well the pinout image is not the nyko kama, thats just the standard wiimote pinout i found on a site. I don’t know what device that is. Or are you referring to my actual photos with me holding the pcb ?

Anyway I just finished soldering it to the connector. I don’t have the vescs yet so can’t test it out, hopefully my soldering wasn’t too bad lol.

NICE!.. vesc art!.. looks cool.

A post was split to a new topic: THE DUAL VESC | Integrated Design - 2 Motor Controllers 1 PCB

Can you post a dia gram with the 7 pin connecter as im sure being able to see it will cuase less confusion because its not much mention and i would hate to fry my vesc cuase of wrong wiring @jacobbloy if you understand can you please post pic im checking diagrams jus wanna be sure of rite connection who woula thought one pin could mean so much i have no ifea what a adc2 is scares the hell outta me lol

What are trying to connect to the vesc, nrf24 or nyko Kama.

NRF24. VESC PIN8 IRQ -> not connected PIN7 MISO -> PIN7 SCL_RX_MISO PIN6 MOSI -> PIN6 SCL_RX_MOSI PIN4 CSN -> PIN5 SDA_TX PIN5 SCK -> PIN4 SCK_ADC_EXT PIN1 GND -> PIN3 GND PIN3 CE -> PIN2 VCC (3v) PIN2 VCC -> PIN2 VCC (3v) NONE -> PIN1 5v

Im using just the nunchuck… so vcc is 3.3v i need for power and the triangle is ground? and i dont use pins 7… 4… 1 correct?

I’ve tried figuring this out for myself but have been unsuccessful so far, how can one turn the regen/brake feature off?

I am communicating by PPM and i wish to have this behavior: Reverse, Coast, Foward.

just so every one knows FOC is know available for the VESC, with FW2.3. Windows and OS X versions have been updated to 2.3 also.

Be sure to update your VESC before updating the BLDC-Tool. Seems to be having some issues the other way around.

looks like vedder just released 2.4 to fix FOC bugs

A little update for everyone. We have Vedder’s spark switch set for production and will be offering it as a pre-wired package in combination with the VESC. It will come with a high quality sealed push button switch and auxiliary xt-60 charge port. As always the actual configuration is completely customizable by request.

5 Likes

When can I buy this?

I will have the first batch completed in a week, waiting on the pcb’s. If you already have an order for a vesc I can send an invoice for the upgrade.

@jacobbloy, thanks again for your continuously updating.

It seems, that the mc_config_&_FW.zip is currently missing 2.4, also the OSX_BLDC_Tool_FW 2.3 FOC contains actually the BLDC-Tool V2.4…

I basically scraped 2.3 as Vedder did some big bug fixes that he recommends every one to use, also you can get the fw file from git hub if your desperate I just haven’t had time to get every thing sorted.

No problem and I’m not desperate since I’m using Ubuntu and github anyway.

I was just asked by others not present here due to language constraints who are using the google drive solutions. But that’s ok.