VESC C39 blew up

I´d try to reset it from ground up. So new bootloader.

Otherwise test the other components, might be an other blown part somewhere due to a short

I flashed the bootloader and the firmware again, but no change.

so if there´s nowhere a visible damage like a short, i guess one of the chips fried or an other component has an internal damage

I think so, too. Thanks for your help anyway. So i need to buy a new VESC. Which one would you suggest? I am not sure which one to buy. Enertion has it’s new VESC-X, many people suggest a VESC from Chaka (Ollinboards?). There is also one site where i can buy a VESC for ~120€.

depends on where you are located.

If you bought in from enertion, try to contact enertion support via email. If they don´t respond, try to get in touch directly with @onloop here and tell him about it. He will probably say that you´ll be able to buy his “warranty” (insurance) and could sent it back to repair with no questions asked. Thats the cheapest option i guess.

Otherwise like i said earlier it depends on your location for a new one. You can get one from @chaka if you´re in the US or @elkick if you´re in the EU - just to name 2 of the best vesc vendors around.

Is there really such a big difference between the VESCs that there is a price difference of roughly 50€/$ ?

We have instant replacement warranty available.

http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/1yr-vesc-replacement-warranty/

As we don’t make the old vesc model anymore you will get a new vescx as the replacement when they roll off the production line later this month.

Be sure to submit a ticket with [email protected] and they will help you with any order questions.

That does not mean that i can buy the warranty and send you my VESC back and get a new model, even though i did some major modifications like soldering new cap where the old one blew up, right?

Yes you can. The warranty covers all faults & user error.

Well okay, this seems to be the cheapest solution since i then do not need to pay the full price for a new VESC. I just do not want to end up sending the VESC back to the US (it came from there) and then get informed that it would not be part of the warranty in my case.

You don’t need to return the vesc. Our warranty was designed to solve these issues quickly without the hassle of posting stuff back and waiting for repairs and back & forth emails etc…

We just ship a new one.

Of course feel free to return the faulty one as we will definitely investigate the fault.

1 Like

That sounds really nice. So i write an email to [email protected] telling that my VESC broke and i would like to buy the warranty to get the VESC-X as soon as it it ready to ship or do i have to log in into my account at your site and just buy the warranty?

Actually you need to do two transactions.

1. Buy the warranty.
  2. Buy the vescx

We will give you a discount code to get the vescx at zero.

So I suggest email (or chat) with one of my guys, that way they can guide you.

Okay, so then i will buy the warranty now and send an email to the support, telling them that i bought the warranty and was told that i will get a discount to get the VESC-X at zero. If they give me the dicount code, i can buy the VESC-X and enter that code, right?

this update sounds really good for that pricetag!

2 Likes

Yeah basically…

So you are basically selling an upgrade from a VESC to VESC-X for 65Eur but I’ve to break my old VESCs first but there is no proof that they are really broken…

2 Likes

I just had my motors stop working mid ride this AM on my raptor…not sure if my VESCs blew up…one motor stopped rotating at all, and the other only slowly rolls backwards when given throttle. I havent had a chance to open the lid and check it out because i had to get to work, but ill be posting a video later today. @onloop i sent you guys a support ticket but i thought i’d post here as well for community input. Love the raptor…hoping to get it back and running