I will go on my first efoil test run with a VESC contoller tomorrow morning (see project info here). I know it’s not directly a skateboard, but tech is very close and in a way it’s a water-skateboard …so hope you don’t mind me asking here.
The VESC is especially awesome because of all the data logging capabilities. I have a completely new design and am pretty sure something will go wrong. Know where and why is key.
So I spent all afternoon trying to figure out what logging software to use. Here is the HW I have tomorrow:
- OLLIN VESC HW 4.12
- BT-05 module (from https://miamielectricboards.com on Feb 12 2017)
- iPhone -Android Phone (just went to BestBuy and got a $79 Samsung just for this because I could not find a iOS logging app)
So I am still struggling to find any logging apps that work with this HW. Here is what I tried:
- VESC Connect Pro (Android) - connects fine, no logging capabilities
- VESC Connect Lite (Android) - can’t connect, don’t know if it has logging
- VESC Monitor (Android) from Ackmaniac, I changed FW to his 2.54 and then after that I read that his app only works with the HM-10 Bluetooth module. I went back to FW 2.18
- Metr (iOS) - only works with his BT modules. I have a couple of these modules on order but they are not here for my test tomorrow,
- VESC Logger (iOS) - could not connect
- VESC Status (iOS) - could not connect
Is there any other logger app for Android or iOS that works with my BT-05 module I can try?