Hello, I made a RX/TX from two Arduinos. The receiver Arduino was connected to the VESC through UART. I used https://github.com/RollingGecko/VescUartControl as library. I controlled it through Nunchuk Packets. Everything worked. But then, no movement. Connected the VESC to my PC and low and behold: FAULT_CODE_DRV8302 So I immediatly looked at the VESC if there is visible damage to the DRV chip, but nothing. Checked if it was hot, also nothing. I’m totally confused as to what caused the FAULT_CODE_DRV8302 and I don’t know what to do now. Never got to ride the board, because I had no working remote.
Its an 4.12 Enertion VESC, so you can imagine the frustration, I was waiting for it since april. The VESC worked fine after initial Motor Detection and controlling it through BLDC Tool and when I still used the Arduino connected through PPM.
The complete fault:
Fault : FAULT_CODE_DRV8302 Current : 3.1 Current filtered : -0.2 Voltage : 38.39 Duty : 0.01 RPM : 0.3 Tacho : 5 Cycles running : 3 TIM duty : 377 TIM val samp : 193 TIM current samp : 25865 TIM top : 51344 Comm step : 4 Temperature : 31.99
Here’s also two pictures of the VESC: http://imgur.com/a/iyza2 (imgur because they are to big/high res)