VESC FAQ | What is FOC Field-oriented control

Most people have, in their build threads, on 2 forums.

By parameters you mean?

FOC parameters are different but if they have been posted that awesome

@psychotiller do you know of any build threads that have the parameters for the 190kv enertion motors?

Thanks Alā€¦

I would guess @onloop would know that info right off the top of his blue steel melon!

1 Like

there are no builds using FOC, except vedders

yeah, I didnā€™t think so but @psychotiller sounded so sure, 2 forums and all!

Alā€¦

Oh, I see, that was shit talking. Haha.

rollin with the punches, I like it!

Alā€¦

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=63540&start=1325

Looks like Vedder just posted the v2.3 update with FOC! canā€™t wait until this gets ported over to mac/windows

2 Likes

Compile it on Linux, I usually run Ubuntu in a virtual machine.

Virtualbox is free, and should work fineā€¦

Will it be as simple as updating the VESC through the BLDC software, or do you need something extra?

@jacobbloy, thanks again for supporting us with OSX & Win versions. Just a remark: the new OSXā€¦2.3.zip is containing the 1.14 BLDC tool currently.

1 Like

Thanks Iā€™ll fix this.

Sorry Jacob, donā€™t want to bother you: for FW2.3 the default FW-files for FW_46_47 (and FW_48) are missing in the Firmware zip-file.

I took these files direct from GitHub And I have checked they are all there. Please redownload and check again.

Yes, youā€™re right - it seems that I was just mixing it up with the old version somehow.

Hi Jacobbloy, Vedder just updated to v2.4 - any chance you can send out the OSX updates?

thanks!

Can Is FOC ready in 2.3? I can see some motor detection dialogue boxes in the tab but Im keen to get some suggestions on how to configure it for the Enertion r-spec 190kv motors

I downloaded the latest bldc tool for Windows which I got somewhere on this site and Iā€™ve been running basic bldc. It has a FOC tab under the motor section and it looks a lot like the bldc tab with what look like tests that can have the results applied. What to do? Would my multimeter be good for measuring resistance or is it all done on the pc? Iā€™m worried Iā€™ll fry something at worst or have not ideal settings at best.
Anyone have advice? The motors are 100kv

1 Like