VESC Monitor Android App

Metr modules (old ones, not Metr Pro) are based on HM11 clone module. So same issue.

As @Pimoussesaid. You oiad for the nice app but the module was a old clone version

This was in 2016 already! You do have a clone!

What a ripoff :frowning:

If I swap batteries from 10s to 12s, is it possible to do that and just create a new mode with different motor/battery max/min and a different battery profile using the app? Or is connecting the VESC to the PC and doing the process again ā€œa-mustā€?

EDIT: Iā€™m using Ack app by the way

1 Like

You can do that by the app. Just simply create another mode. Only thing you have to do additionally is to change the number of cells in the app. That canā€™t be done by switching a mode.

1 Like

Canā€™t figure out how to change modes on dual setup. Click on the mode I want to change to and only master is affected. What am I doing wrong?

Afterwards you need to check the box ā€œConnect by canā€ and also select the mode you want. Then you can uncheck that box and be on your way.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks mate

Guess you have ā€œsend status via CANā€ enabled at the master. It only should be enabled at the slave.

Thanks. Iā€™ll check it out

1 Like

So I have my module set up to my slave and I have ā€œConnect Can to ID 0ā€ checked. (Its on the slave because I am using a firefly remote that steals my Masterā€™s UART port.)

To change modes, do I just do it andthe way I have it set up will change it changes for both?

Or do I need to set the desired mode, then uncheck the box and then select the same mode again to make sure the other VESC had the same settings?

Damn, that sounds convoluted.

In other words if my BT module is on my slave, how do I get it to affect both VESCS? Or does it do it automatically?

I have read some conflicting things, thank you.

2 Likes

It does work in the same way as the module on the master. Just selected in the app connect by CAN to 0 and in the VESC tool disable ā€œsend status over CANā€ at the master level.

3 Likes

Awesome, good to hear. Thank you!

1 Like

Perfect answer

4 Likes

I learnt from my mistakes :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Can anyone link to where to buy a 100% real hm10 that is confirmed to work on 8.1?

Hey guys so I was trying to setup the app but i encountered an issue. When i select the module everything is fine I allowed all things it asked but when i click the setup mode the app just says it chrashed and restarts. I tried it 3 times restarting the Vesc restarting my phone (s8 with newest android software) but it just keeps chrashing. Did you guys ever encounter an issue like this? Vesc is setup works perfect so does my remote. Oh yeah btw i also changed the setting like they said on the site.

I will try to use another cellphone but i dont have one on me at the moment.

Maybe uninstall the app and install it again. When the app crashes please send the report so that i can have a look where it crashed.

That happened to me as well after an update. Phone reboot solved the issue.

Edit. You had already tried phone restart. Sorry, my bad.