Vesc Or Motor Malfunction? Please help!

you have a coughing motor, I would stop using it before it causes any more damage. either repair it or replace it. don’t leave it as is

Can I use the enertion motor on 1 side and another brand on the other side? or would I have to swap both for equilibrium.

Use motors with the same kv rating, so you can use LHB’s red motor.

I have an R-SPEC MOTOR and it seems to not function properly. Originally it was very twitchy as seen in the video below. I have no disasembled my board and now the motor in question seems to work properly most the time using the blcd tool. However, when I turn it a little bit, the motor will shoot a spark and stop. Any idea if the motor is salvageable? it is an older model moto. I had read a post from onloop that said there could be extra coil in the motor that I could heat shrink.

Please do not create duplicate topics, we try to keep the forum organized.

pull the motor apart anc remove the heat shrink - check the solder connections between the silicon cables and the motor winding cables. Then re shrink it. Not sure I would trust that motor anymore. A. might cause issues with your vescs B. You might faceplant at speed.

That’s some pretty decent logic. What motor has similar dimensions as this motor and will work on a dual setup with the one enertion motor left.

Sounds like the windings are shorting or connected to each other.

That’s what I’m thinking.

@Wallgreeens I’ve just merged both of your post, please don’t double post. Thnx @JLabs.

try the hobbyking sk3’s

LHB comes through with the awesome customer service. He is going to swap out the motor for free. What a guy! I would never hesitate to order another board from him.

Put the new motor in and it’s been running great so far.