VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

re install the tool perhaps?

1 Like

Tried that. Didnā€™t work. Wanted to try out FOC with this. Bummedā€¦

I donā€™t think to reinstall the tool works. Itā€™s literally a standalone application on my Windows 10 pc right now. No executable file to install before using. Someoneā€™s gotta look at the code and see if any causes the ā€œR is 0ā€ error.

So you can use FOC without sensors on this version?

it always has been. foc donā€™t need sensor.

1 Like

Have the same issue with focbox ā€œR is 0ā€

i wonder if thatā€™s a focbox exclusive problem

1 Like

I got it to work

4 Likes

good stuff! whoa 130k! im ganna try tmr so u didnā€™t get that r is 0 thing? @Blasto

Thatā€™s why i did the video. I didnā€™t play with the settings.

Iā€™m also learning here

This time with a 6355 tb motor

3 Likes

tnx tnx. BTW whatā€™s that gigantic motor for? go cart?

Breaking speed controllers :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

Maybe how you get the data has changed a bit? I see RollingGecko has started a VESC6-branch on his Git. Maybe you need that implemented.

I use PPM+UART with @rpasichnyk Bluetooth-thing and it works good. @rpasichnyk has the interface changed?

How many ERPM did you reach with the Focbox and the 6355 239jv motor? Sorry if you said it on the video, I couldnā€™t hear it

Are you planing to test the new limit on the road?

Works PERFECT on old hw 4.7 VESCā€™s for me. I built two boards for my brother w/ old VESCā€™s - one single for his kids, and one dual for him. Configured with the VESC Tool about a month or 2 now. Iā€™m a Beta guy and it was simple/easy and worked great!

Maybe someone is interested, maybe not:

I made a VESC Tool fork without Trademark/Branding and without Warranty/Disclaimer checks and so on. Based on current V0.80

Download for Windows and Linux (i am working on macOs release): https://github.com/derlucas/esc_tool/releases/tag/v0.8

Maybe this helps other vendors of Vescs (even not licensed ones) to be able to use this software without issues. Think of it as a ā€œreference designā€ of the SW part.

1 Like

Sorry, but whatā€™s the purpose ?

maybe someone can compile 2 and 3miliohm 412hardware and 3.27firmware to experiment with mini vescs ?

Here i compiled the current 3.27 for 4.12 with 3mOhm and 2mOhm:

https://trash.ctdo.de/b/59afee4b4db/vesc412_327.zip

1 Like