VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

Anybody tested updating a Maytech DRV cooker with this new VESC- Tool ?? And if so tested with FOC ?

Yes, bootloader and FW upload worksā€¦ tested FOC with my maytechā€™s :joy: everytime hitting the brake results in DRV fault and cut off on both V4.12, forget maytech and buy quality HW, with proper V4.12 FOC works like a charm.

1 Like

Sensors work a lot better in FOC. Frank

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the info. But you can at least use custom throttle curves and so on in BLDC mode? I have a ā€œbeaterā€ board with a maytech vesc and the ā€œboostā€ is really pronounced here, so if this is gone with the tool that would be great. Agreed with quality HW in these things.

The new FW works in BLDC mode with maytech , FOC not :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s always good to have FOCtimized HW.

Frank

2 Likes

Any confirmation to the boost being gone even in hybrid mode?

Again I thought soeed boost was a hardeare issue not softwareā€¦

Frank, thanks for your reply

I configured PPM input signal using wizard. My remote did work before, Iā€™ve been using this board for a week now with no problems.

Voltage is set for a 10s battery.

Here you can see some settings too

Thanks

When you set it to ā€œCurrent with no reverse with brakeā€ Did you remember to hit the "Write app config. " ??

Did you make sure to choose the app in ā€œApp Settings > General > App to useā€ AND choose a control type under ā€œApp settings > PPM > Control Typeā€?

Also whenever your motor doesnā€™t move, avoid pull the throttle all the way like that, easy to way to blow your VESC and/or motor.

1 Like

Yea, I think this was it. I wasnā€™t changing this setting in both places. Now it works. Thanks guys !

If anyone else has this problem, this is how you set up your remote in the new vesc tool.

2 Likes

Off topic : is that your Z? Thatā€™s one of my favorite cars period. Liked your post just for that haha

1 Like

I donā€™t see itā€™s a new version, no visible difference in the name.

Can you explain how to download the new one, please?!

Thierry

Hahahah I wish mate :frowning: oh how I wish this car would be mine

1 Like

You go to vesc-project.com and choose the Vesc-Tool you want, then click on checkout. I you purchased a status version before, the update is free of charge. There is a ā€œpurchased filesā€ section in your account. There you will find all files that you checked out recently.

Frank

Just did my first real run with the new firmware. Iā€™m running an Trampa eMTB on 12S with 5800mAh LiPo battery on dual VESC 4.12ā€™s in BLDC mode. With the new firmware the boost is definitely gone or very subtle at most! I feel much safer now and can focus a bit less on the trigger! Awesome! :slight_smile: Iā€™ve never been able to start from standstil, but with the new firmware I can now start by pushing the board a bit forward while standing on it - this is very nice aswell.

Regarding the loss of brakes using BLDC I have not had this problem at any time on this run. Iā€™ll pay extra attention to this on my next many runs to make sure itā€™s safe. :slight_smile:

Thanks again Frank and Benjamin! :slight_smile: :heart_eyes:

Log of the run for those interested: https://metr.at/r/x3iSO

12s? 10 char

Iā€™m still unable to get FOC detection working with my FOC boxes. Really wanted to give it a go. Iā€™m still getting the ā€œR is 0. Please measure it first.ā€ message every time I try.

Try this method, I didnā€™t have good luck but maybe you can. @SeanHacker

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it a try right now. Just sitting here with my board trying to get it figured out. Thanks dude!