Vesc Resetting? Not sure

Okay. So this new problem just developed. I set up my vescs, everything working fine; no drv error; no problem. I close it up, and suddenly it doesn’t spin the motor. I connect back to Vesc tool and it spins up. I think the ppm fields are resetting somehow. Anyone ever experienced this?

Please let me know what info y’all need to diagnose

@Ebisane9

Are you sure you write settings each time when you set it up?

Yeah! I used the wizard. The other motor i set up is working fine with no problems :/.

try checking the cables, if there is any loose connection. try writing the settings twice

Okay I’ll try, the weird thing is. When I’m done programming and i unplug, it works fine. I even power cycle it and it’s fine. Then i closed the enclosure and it suddenly wasn’t fine. I’m using split ppm for the two motors and one of them responds fine while the other one suddenly doesn’t…

I just set up a Build today, when I used the wizard it didn’t store the values for the PPM. Call me quick if you want

1 Like

@Ebisane9 Follow the wizard and write the values manually

Thanks @CarlCollins @JLabs. Jared I’ll hit you up since we’re texting already. Will update thread for anyone who might run into this in the future!

1 Like

HEHE! Thanks to @Jlabs on the phone we were able to diagnose the problem. We were bit stumped till we started pushing shit into the vescs and realized the receiver pin had a cold solder due to vibrations no doubt. Bummer but not bummer, NO fried vesc = Happy esk8r. I’m swamped for work during the week but have friday off so will be a quick 15 second solder job and i should be up on the road. Ordered some heatshrink as well.