VESC | Smooth acceleration from a stand still

Nothing beats a sensored motor for a smooth start from standstill. Period.

1 Like

Another rebranded motor?

Thats getting funny, many people selling the same product under their brand :joy:

putting your vesc motor amp limits at 200 does starting from stop with no cogging for me.

1 Like

i definitely had a good laugh when i realized how silly i was NOT getting my own branded motors when I can get them at half retail AND with my logo etched on them and with keyways and snap ring grooves and sensors and exactly the phase lead length I want. I bought about 30 R-SPECs last year. So yeah, i’m giggling too.

2 Likes

Are those Maytech Motors ?

What KV are they ?

Maytech made them for me, yes. 190kv, under the name TOTALLY BITCHIN’ 190KVS

and so far, they have in fact been totally bitchin’.

3 Likes

Does the RED give you more speed per torque? :wink:

1 Like

Yes, absolutely. 20% performance bump over the exact same motor in any other color.

It’s also important to know that LASERS were involved in making these.

FRICKIN’ LASERS.

5 Likes

Nice Motors !

I installed the sensors today, OMG I have completely brand new board again!

Do you recall a Member here had a thread about an Identical Maytech Baseplate (mounting plate) as your motors, that were allways Breaking , do you know if the problem was resolved ?

Are you willing to share a link of your Maytech source?

Thanks.

Im aware of that thread, in fact i just saw it again yesterday while derping around on here.

My motor housings are basically identical to R-SPECs and i’ve had no less than 50 of those motors come through my shop in one form or another, either doing raptor repairs on highly abused boards or using them in my own builds. I have a bin of about a dozen of them with various things wrong with them such as wire shorts, gashes in the motor can, wrecked bearings, or other mechanical failures resulting from heavy abuse or impact with objects.

Not a single one has ever broken like that. I’ve never seen with my own eyes in person a motor break like that. Whatever happened with that motor was probably due to a factory defect affecting a short run of motors and/or seriously extreme circumstances that other people just aren’t seeing.

My personal suspicion on that one is that three of the screws broke loose just enough to cause undue stress on the single spoke containing the bolt hole in question in which the bolt was still tight enough to allow the spoke to stay put while the rest of the motor flexed, causing the cast aluminum to break off in a chunk on impact with some sort of immovable object. Religiously using thread locker on the motor mounting bolts would keep that from happening.

1 Like

I’ve seem Tacon 160’s which I think are Maytech also in a 6364 size, selling for $63.00.

Could we get your source for 6355 Maytech’s ??

My source is Maytech. I emailed them directly and we had a conversation over email. I didn’t go through a third party.

If i ordered 1000 motors with zero modifications save the anodize color and laser etching, i could probably sell mine for $63 too. But i didn’t, i only got 20 of them. And since they retail individually from maytech for $160 without keyways, superworm phase leads, VESC sensor adaptors, keys, or 5.5mm bullets, $130 is kind of a deal.

Ok thanks bud , I appreciate info !

Hello, Not to bring this thread off topic but I have a question regarding your sensored motors @longhairedboy. I have the sensored 190kv motor from the electric-skateboard.market and I couldn’t find a place to plug in the sensor wire that fit on my VESC, is there something I am missing here?

P.S. The sensor wires/plug look exactly the same as yours except white.

replied in the other thread