VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Not yet. The connection is as solid as it gets.

2 Likes

the question we all ask ourself is, does it use bluetooth or any other protocol ? as far as i remember nrf modules can be mulitple protocol modules. so do you use bluetooth only for the app connection and for the remote an other? or both work over BT.

1 Like

So TL;DR It could work with a bit of tinkering and alot of detours. 100% compatibility not guaranteed. Buy trampa dongle and Wand to be 100% safe.

I assume the trampa Dongle supports the standard/usual VESC apps via android

Fixed this abomination…

4 Likes

I read its not likely that it is compatible with Unity. But I guess there will be no problems running it with a Focbox (and dual setup)?

That is no problem at all.

Absolutely awesome! Can’t wait to get this thing :slight_smile:

How will the cruise control act on a hill? Will it keep the speed up and down a hill? Or will the remote just send a constant signal?

@trampa how well did you guys test it for interference? Any done in places full of interference like San Francisco, New York or similar?

Would love to have independent testers to confirm that it’s good

I really need a new remote that doesn’t kill me, since my also 2.4 GHz based on NRF24 drops like crazy in dense urban areas and probably traffic lights

It will keep the speed

1 Like

The NRF 24 is not very stable compared to this one. Modded Nunchucks have the antenna in a bad location and that is adding to the problem. We started with a chipset that only has a 10ths of the WANDs signal strength and that works like a charm already. We did send one of the low signal strength remotes to SF. The WAND has a much better chip now and so far we are totally happy. The big difference to PPM is reliable signal loss detection, which also helps to smoothen things out (just in case…)

1 Like

This entire build is on par with that of a video game controller… except that video game controllers are at least ergonomic. This is a poorly made Wii remote dressed up in carbon fiber. I’m sorry to be mean, but this remote is a total design fail and catastrophe. I expected a lot better from the man himself. I hope this came from the distant future where you intend to return to the drawing board and come back with something much, much better. I’d like to suggest using an actuator (thumb-wheel/trigger) that belongs on a vehicle. I employed one that is used on fighter-jets on my DIY build. That matters. Not weather or not you can use it as a level.

2 Likes

Don’t mess around with Swabia :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I see you are bashing on trampa to get into the cool crowd. pretty lame

7 Likes

To be fair, no one of us had it in the hand for now. How can you know how it will feel in your hand or how the throttle response is? If you don’t like the design than that’s fine, tastes are different and nobody makes you to buy it. I also expected something more ergonomic but hey, if it works out nicely with a solid connection and proper throttle response I don’t mind how it looks.

8 Likes

Thats a little harsh tbh, I think this will be great. Designed by Vedder? Im in.

5 Likes

#BasicUser stuff

2 Likes

Pre-order placed :heart_eyes::metal:

And if it is not optimal it will be a matter of days till someone designs a 3D printed enclosure (battery lid on top makes it very easy).

Btw. obviously Benjamin has huge hands or Frank very small ones :wink:

Wand_size_hand

Wand%20Proto

3 Likes

I think the first image is close to the final product, and the las one is the picture of an early prototype…